Feeling lonely for the first time in awhile

I’m feeling lonely for the first time in a long time. I really want a girlfriend – but I have no idea where to start. I’m on dating sites, and I’ve messaged a few girls but haven’t been messaged back. I have a crush on one of my facebook friends, but I have no idea how to break the ice with her. Plus she lives 8 hours away.

Just venting a little bit. I suppose I’ll find someone some day, but my social skills are rotten and I live with my parents. I’m sure I’ll get over it and go back to hiding under my rock.

5 Likes

was listening to the song when I read your post… thought I might share :grin:

Maybe that’s a good thing. You’re getting some human desires / emotions back.

6 Likes

this is true. I have been on the upswing lately, so maybe getting some emotions back is a good thing. Never thought about it that way…

7 Likes

What kind of meds are you on? I had zero interest with seroquel and now invega

latuda (highest dosage), vraylar and trintellix. I have no idea how my libido would be, because I haven’t been with a girl in a very long time.

I’m feeling lonely as well. And I have a family. Maybe it’s time for me to have a picnic with them or something fun.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure one of those two people is married with children.

1 Like

I have no interest in sex or marriage or children or co habitation or anything like that and I have a gf. We are pretty distant.

Sorry to hear you still have had no luck with the dating sites.

I have given up on them now, but may well try again.

Have you not had any messages back at all? That’s pretty rude!

haha yeah, no messages back. I get nervous even just sending messages online, so I can’t imagine actually meeting up with a girl. It’s probably best for my health that no one has messaged me back…

so I was messaging with this girl for hours on POF yesterday, eventually got tired and told her I was getting off. I gave her my phone number to text me if she wanted, but she never did. And today she hasn’t messaged me at all. I get it if you’re not interested, just tell me so. I’m a big boy, I can handle it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.