Feeling down and depressed

anybody else feels depressed and anxious and upset about having schizophrenia but i mean like unbearable day after day

I feel depressed about having the disease. Why can’t I be normal? Sometimes I think. Then other times I just tell myself take life on life’s terms. It’s ok I’m not a rocket scientist or a pimp and a player or Pablo Escobar…just enjoy the present moment cuz that’s all I have :blush:

Sorry you feel bad. Have you got any meds that help? Anyone to talk to? These are usually what help me.

Sending you good vibes. J

Not day after day, but I go through really rough patches for days, then some good patches. You just have to hang in there. I think we all have our rough times. And those rough times can last for days or longer. I’m sorry you’re going through this at the moment.

I’m working on the “CBT for depression” workbook. Its got a section in it on the difference between sadness and depression. Pretty interesting reading.

Sadness is a memory. An uncontrollable feeling of loss, a welling of tears, a memory of what once was and what will never again be… It can be brief. It can linger… Sadness is different than depression. It has meaning. It is a reflection of what once was. Depression haunts the mind with negative thoughts, helplessness, hopelessness. Sadness is the meaning of the loss. Depression is a drawing inward that can erupt in uncontrollable anger…

1 Like

I am Depressed lately - have been for a while.

All I basically do is sleep on the couch - this is no way to live.

Going to talk to my psychiatrist in a couple of days.

I understand how you feel. There are many years days that go by lately, where I haven’t done anything but veg out in front of the TV. My head knows I would feel better if I got some regular exercise and participated with people. But that doesn’t seem to be enough to get me to do it. I personally don’t feel that my depression medicine is working. For me, tomorrow is my monthly Pdoc appointment. I can tell you that getting started in the morning is important to let me have a good day. Sometimes like I use to tell my patients you have to fake it until you can make it.

1 Like