Enrolled in phase III trial

You are so right Treter reducing or quitting antipsychotics improves negatives and cognitives so much. But you are on them for the same reason as I am and that is that you can’t control your thoughts after a while likewise me. 2 decades ago I stood at a crossroad in my life. I had the choice of finishing alcohol drinking and staying compliant with my meds or ending in the prison, on the street or commiting suicide. I went on one of the most toxic pills against alcohol in existence called Antabuse. This pill works as a big alcohol deterant and makes you extremely sick when ever you drink alcohol and you can as a matter of fact die when drinking on this pill. I took this unpleasant pill for one decade where I rarely drank any alcohol and now I’ve been sober for 19 years.

Oh wow thats pretty extreme with that alcohol pill. I got a friend thats like an alcoholic. He gets drunk like everyday. Always drinking beer and vodka and that kind of thing.
.i actually lived with psychosis for like 2 years. I was working and had psychosis and was doing allright. At the end for some reason my voices started getting real mean and i started thinking that cops and gangsters wanted to kill me so i fled the country and went to poland for 3 months without telling my parents or snything and was living with my grandparents. I was still hearing voices in poland so i thought ppl were watching me with satellites and stuff like that. Sfter i came back to canada my parents decided to call the cops on me and then i got sent to a mental hospital and put on abilify. Its been a journey of being on meds temporarily and then getting off and living with psychosis as long as i can. Ive never willingly took meds it was always my parents forcing me on meds. I think if your not violent then ppl shouldnt force you to take medications.

1 Like

Treter now I like you even better because you told me that you are of polish descendants. The best friend I ever had was also half polish. His father was from :poland: and theirs family name was Vircus. And my sister in law her father was from Poland. And his name was Stanislaw. And the most important person in my life my God child Louise she quarter polish. She is the daughter of my one and only beloved brother. I send 1000 US dollars to my god child every 3 months. She lives in Copenhagen now and is a grown up. If ever I wanted to live in another country then I would prefere Poland :poland:.

Yeah poland is a nice place. When i went to poland i applied for polish citizenship. My plan was to move back to canada and make as much money as i can and then go back to poland. But when i came back to canada my parents called the cops on me and i got sent to a mental hospital. Then all my energy was zapped. Id like to live in poland bu rent prices went really high now so i wouldnt be able to live on my own if i were doing a low wage job. Living in poland is kind of a dream of mine but the meds kind of prevent it from happening. You live in europe right? I think you mentioned b4 you on disability and get paid a lot cause your country pays a lot for disability.

Cigarets are very expansive in Denmark. A packet of cigarets cost 10,5 US dollars and I smoke 3 packets a day so I pay over 1000 US dollars per month for tobacco. So the pension goes up into smoke. Left are a few dollars to clothing and well not a single penny more.

Yeah thats a lot. I smoke around a pack a day and i but natives in canada which way cheaper then regular smokes. I can buy a carton of cigarettes. Which is 200 smokes for 15 dollars

Hello everyone! I apologize for the delayed reply to this thread. It’s been hectic for me lately. Anyways on to the good stuff! The medication is unnamed, just has its experimental name so it is neither KarXT or Ulotorant(idk if I spelled those right). It is a medication intended to be used as an add on treatment for negative symptoms specifically. It has no effect on positive symptoms whatsoever. Side effects are relatively harmless. Nausea, headaches, and dizziness are the most reported side effects. The only potential side effect that would be harmful is an allergic reaction. I have not yet decided if the trial is worth my time as my negative symptoms aren’t too bad.

1 Like

Can you find out the experimental drug name for me? Id like to research it and see whzt kind of mechanism of action it has. I wasnt aware there was a paych drug in phase 3 just to treat negatives.

That really sound exciting that your new meds works on negatives only. If it gets approved in my country I’m going to try it immediately.

It might be pimavanserin (Nuplazid) or AVP 786 .

1 Like

Yes that is what it is

1 Like

Did an article just come out saying That drug did not meet its endpoint from the FDA?

I’m sorry to say that the meds is for psychosis in parkingson as well as the negative symptoms. That means that I can’t use it because I’m already on 3 antipsychotics for the positive so the addition of one more antipsychotics is to much for me to handle.

Is it the AVP 786? Or the pimavanserin?

I red about pimavaserin.

I just googled nuplazid and apparently its only approved for parkinsons psychosisand not schizophrenia psychosis. I wonder why they dont give it to schizophrenics with psychosis if it treats parkinsons psychosis. Would be interesting to see what would happen if someone with psychosis took it and see if it treated there positive symptoms. Again in kinda confused about this med.

1 Like

AVP 786 is the one for the trial

1 Like

…kind of a side note question but will you be paid for this trial?

Can you give us an update if you have started it how the clinical trial is going? Thank you

Are you not able to tell us about the new medication you are enrolled in did they make you file an NDA? If not please consider telling us how it went and the drugs effect on you. Would love to
Know so much thank you