Eating tacos outside of the southwestern US is pointless

I used to live in San Diego and the tacos were glorious! We are also vegetarian, but no biggie. Bean tacos or potato flautas are great too. Now we are vacationing in Florida and we went to a Mexican place. It is like the rest so terrible. What’s to be done? I guess I have to learn to make my own tortillas. :sob::taco:

We also live in Illinois. They aren’t perfect there but we get by on a few select okay places.

Go to a cubano food establishment… their food is fierce too… if all else fails you could always make your own…lol

You can eat tacos any where you want to. Tacos are easy enough to make. I love to make my own veggie burritos with black beans, salsa, sour cream, tomatoes and onions. Yummy!!!

4 Likes

Yeah, you can buy taco shells at a supermarket or convenience store.

2 Likes

I’ve looked up Cubano places. It looks good, it’s just all pork and beef.

1 Like

Saying that eating tacos outside the southwestern U.S. is “pointless” is like saying that eating pizza outside New York is pointless.

4 Likes

Or it’s like saying driving a car outside detroit is pointless

5 Likes

Very, very funny!!!

2 Likes

Or drinking Guinness outside of Ireland. That was another transition for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I usually get the nachos supreme anyways at our local Mexican restaurant. It’s my favorite meal in the world.

I also like qdoba burritos.

And I’ve had many a good quesedillas all over.

3 Likes

I’m not a well traveled person. Honest. But apparently I’ve become a snob with a few select things.

I love tacos. What I hate is when a restaurant makes cold tacos if you know what I’m talking about. Cold tacos are gross! A good Mexican restaurant won’t do that.

2 Likes

We make them ourselves. They’re delicious. Everything fresh, salsa, guacamole, beans 'n cheese, chicken (usually) and corn tortillas.

2 Likes

Old El Paso make flat-bottomed taco shells now, so not much mess when eating them!

I make my own chimichangas and hot sauce.

@Rabbit_Farmer
My friend in Ireland is so funny though. You ever want to get her to talk, just mention burritos and she won’t stop haha

2 Likes

What?! What kind of tortillas do you use? And how do you keep it from falling apart at deep frying?

I just use la bandera grande tortillas and I fry them on a pan with vegetable oil lol You could probably deep fry them after the pan since it makes them stick but I don’t

1 Like

Also, if you’re Mexican, I’m aware of how ignorant this whole thread is. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes I am.

waves Mexican flag in the background

1 Like

You really should try tacos from Tijuana. In one of good places.