Eating healthy is cheaper

One of the extra benefit of eating healthier is cost of my food budget is lower. Junk food, frozen foods cost a ton of money.

Just feel like one positive goal happening while everything else is ■■■■. Feeling better physically. Able to walk my dogs longer.

13 Likes

My mental health has improved drastically since drinking kachava although it ain’t cheap lol

But totally worth it!!

1 Like

Are you living in the mirror universe??? You almost need a second mortgage to buy a cauliflower here right now. We won’t discuss the price of avocados or limes. At least the frozen cauliflower is half the price of fresh.

4 Likes

I get some frozen cauliflower and asparagus Brussels sprouts. But my staples are spinach apples in bulk fresh. No beverages in my diet. So I can splurge on spice and condiments.

I can get frozen apples and frozen spinach for half the price of fresh as well. The price of spinach isn’t bad, but the price of fresh apples more than doubled over the summer. We never buy beverages at a restaurant or shop - we have a carbonator at home for our soda drinks and our own espresso maker so it’s about $0.50 for a latte vs. paying $7.00 at Starbucks.

2 Likes

13 dollars for 1 lil box of grapes here :grapes:

3 Likes

I never heard of frozen apples? How do you and what do you prepare with frozen apples. I eat them raw and in salads so they can’t be frozen.

Oh I bought a bag of grapes and it rang up 7$. So that was my last bag.

$1.00 just to walk past it and smell them.

3 Likes

Great job!!! 15151515

1 Like

Thanks @ZmaGal 。°。°。°。°。° it wasn’t a goal but a side effect.

1 Like

That’s good you’re feeling better. It’s nice to save money.

1 Like

Thanks @SpringRose yes it does. Relieving some stress.

Oh and eggs are my protein. Forgot.

I wouldn’t promote it too much that eating healthy is cheaper, some aholes can change it to expensive in a blink of an eye. Water for example, a can of coke is cheaper.

1 Like

Yeah true. But a bag of chips used to cost my 6$ for a bag of fresh apples $5.

1 Like

Good going @Kxev!

1 Like

Thanks @Wave. It was with the help of my care team. Because of blood work numbers. Major problems they wanted me to address.

2 Likes

It’s long been known that junk processed food is cheaper and that’s why poor people are fat. I don’t know where you’re getting healthy food for cheaper because I need to move there.

I’ve been shopping for a household for 30 years, so I think I know the in and outs of cheap. I’ve yet to see this phenomenon outside of farmer’s markets which are more expensive these days.

3 Likes

Not for me. I’m eating most food raw. Salads and eggs. Same snack every day. A week of apples used for meals and snacking cost me $15. Vs. eating 3 bags of chips a week.

I think the aspect of making meals myself is lowering the cost too.

Frozen entree would cost me 8$ for barely getting full.

Also eating healthy has helped me eat less.

1 Like