Cheapest snack (best bang fo yo buck)

@sirBoring if you want a cheap snack i get pop secret popcorn and put it in the microwave and within minutes i have a nutritious meal of popcorn for 1.50 a bag and thats there way of ripping me off…im sure if you get it in the box its even cheaper

1 Like

lol, i can’t remember the last time i got popcorn. lol lol. i don’t buy snacks much, as i go through them too quickly to use them efficiently. healthy snacks are cool though. i used to get much of those. but in general, my teeth are very sensetive

1 Like

For healthy and cheap food, I like making stir fry. 1 pound of frozen veggies: $1. 1 package of noodles: 1-4$ depending on your noodle preference. A package lasts about 4 times. Soy sauce: $5 for a gallon jug. Oil: $1 for a quart. If you want, you can add spices to make it taste better. Garlic powder is a cheap spice.

5 Likes

Lol I approve of this post, as a great addition to my thread!

2 Likes

Oatmeal.
I eat it with peanut butter and a banana.

2 Likes

You can buy fat-free buttered popcorn too.
Or lite.
Or plain.
Or kettle corn.

3 Likes

I don’t buy things like cookies, chips or candy bars anymore. They put too much weight on me and I eat too much of it and it costs too much too. I’m much better off with out it, and I find I don’t miss it either.

Comfort foods, kettle corn is a bit more exotic than regular buttered popcorn though.

1 Like

Pretzels are my new snack but I always keep a Halloween bucket full of bite sized chocolates on the counter in the kitchen. I like my snacks.

3 Likes

I have a hot air popcorn popper.
It makes some tasty popcorn :popcorn:
Yeah, Healthy too.

3 Likes

I hear air pop corn is the healthiest way to make it.

2 Likes

Microwave popcorn is fast and convenient but it’s cheaper to buy a bag of uncooked kernels of corn and make it in a pot with a little oil in the bottom and a lid and make it on a hot burner on your ^stove. It’s messier this way but not much.

1 Like

After you make the initial investment in an air pop corn popper, it is cheaper as it doesn’t use any oil.

2 Likes

One marshmallow in the microwave for 15 seconds.
They blow up huge, then when you take them out, they get crispy-chewy.
Fun, tasty and cheap.

2 Likes

i do eat cold chicken nuggets sometimes, but those are expensive snacks methinketh. also a slice of bacon is a good snack, but probably pricey.

1 Like

You should try prosciutto. … wait nm that’s probably pricy too :upside_down_face:

1 Like

grocery store near me sells a whole pineapple for a buck. Takes some work to slice it up, but it’s worth it for some fresh pineapple

3 Likes

I don’t snack, but when i do i snack on Doritos. If you can eat just one its a great value

Fresh pineapple taste great in a bowl of hot oatmeal.

Wow $1 for a pineapple! They are like $5 here and $8 to get it cored.

You can air pop popcorn in the microwave if you put it in a paper bag.

1 Like