Drug induced psychosis?

My new therapist has been pretty great. While i do miss my old therapist in some ways, i think this new one has been a lot more effective for me to gain insight. She asked me about my first episode of psychosis and i told her it happened about 8 months after dropping lsd. When i came down, i felt depressed and ended up dropping out of school for a year and had my first hospitalization and was diagnosed with major depression with psychosis. I didnt touch drugs again for many years and experienced a few psychotic episodes that lessened as time went on. I just forgot about it and thought it was behind me i guess. I dont learn from my mistakes sometimes. I started using marijuana regularly in 2017 and again took lsd in 2018, several months later developed psychosis and ive been on a relapse mary go round ever since. With the stress of everything, how bad my depression was. Etc, i kept using pot off and on. My therapist told me last week she thinks my psychosis is primarily drug induced. I did have some delusional thinking when i was a child though, so im not sure. Well when she said that it reallt motivated me to stop smoking pot and i havent and i felt my delusional thinking fade rapidly, my dissociation stopped completely, my OCD symptoms gone, that depressive empty feeling gone, my thinking is clearer, and hallucinations are now super mild and infrequent. Honestly, i feel really dumb. I knew these things can happen on drugs yet i just kept doing it and wondered why i was like this. I guess its probably an addiction. My entire family smokes pot, so its very normalized in my family, and everyone ive dated smokes pot and has always told me my concerns that it was adding to my problems was just pdoc hearsay. I wish i would have listened to my pdoc. I dont doubt that i have a psychotic disorder by now but maybe laying off the drugs will mean a lot fewer relapses. Im going to work on self forgiveness about it

Sorry thats way longer than i intended
TLDR, stopped smoking pot and all symptoms have improved significantly.

1 Like

I had to stop too. Gave me voices and panic attacks. Delta 8 thc gave me anxiety

1 Like

Yeah i was doing delta 8 last and looking back it was worse for me than regular pot. Both are bad though clearly

1 Like

I got sectioned under the mental health act and was diagnosed with drug induced psychosis. I was taking speed, drinking and smoking weed beforehand. I’ve also used drugs recreationally on and off since I was 18; smoking heroin, snorting cocaine, eating shrooms, ecstacy, MDMA and smoking hash and weed. I’ve never been an addict though. Like Hunter S Thompson said “you can get a lot higher with drugs then you can without them”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.