Doing Absolutely Nothing Has Mental Health Benefits

13 Likes

I am good at that, ha

7 Likes

Me too lol I’m so lazy I can’t even read this article… Shame.

7 Likes

Honestly, it is better for me to do nothing than trying to jog.

Attempting to jog is so stressful and demoralising.

Sometimes nothing is a better option.

I see your point

1 Like

I’m too lazy to read the article too. Idk if it has any mental health benefits though lol. I think exercising would be way better for my state of mind personally

3 Likes

Yea for sure if you can do it it’s better

For me I’m gonna resort to walking and perhaps pilates at a later stage.

We can only do what we’re capable of really.

4 Likes

Oh yes. The trip to the ER also sucks.

2 Likes

Doing nothing productive that benefits yourself in terms of your time & skills as well as contributing to your employer/organization/volunteer work is detrimental to the user paid health care system or taxpayers.

Being unable to socialize with coworkers, friends and family outside the home is psychologically unhealthy.

That’s why there are social media sites for work such as LinkedIn and friends or family such as Facebook and Instagram.

But then again majority of schizophrenics are mostly isolated and do not have a vast social network.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that… I feel ya.

But at least we can still walk. :grin:

1 Like

I find this one to be the most useless. You can tell with most of the posts that people are preening like peacocks. The place is not genuine at all.

4 Likes

Meditation is like this

4 Likes

I like taking holiday from work and have absolutely nothing scheduled if I can. Then I can relax and just find myself doing hobbies sometimes. Nothing to do and all day to do it.

3 Likes

I find doing nothing difficult. Obviously taking a break is not counter intuitive at all, but doing nothing at all is really hard

3 Likes

I like to call it sleeping lol.

5 Likes

yep the article calls doing nothing counter intuitive for mental health, but intuitively most people think of sleeping as doing nothing

3 Likes

does nothing by not reading article :smirk::relieved:

:drooling_face::drooling_face:

3 Likes

Wait…is doing nothing actually doing something?

Oh the humaaaaanity :tired_face::grin:

2 Likes

I’m gonna do 30 minutes of nothing. See how I feel.

3 Likes

Actually your doing something, which is 30 minutes of nothing. :scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

Yea I’d actually consider doing “nothing” as something similar to meditation…stillness which ofcourse is good…

More and more Im learning that balance is a key to life. So yea a little down time is good.

4 Likes