Doing Absolutely Nothing Has Mental Health Benefits

Try not to think about pink elephants for 10 seconds.

If you did then then the hippos get 5 apples.

:hippopotamus::hippopotamus::hippopotamus::hippopotamus::hippopotamus:

4 Likes

Im like you @Aziz
I cannot cope doing anything
Ie when i go outside i get so stressed my blood pressure remains high for the rest of the day. Its not good i struggle with doing anything for various reasons like anxiety, panic, paranoia, being fat, being unmotivated, anhedonia etc etc
Damn mental illness :face_with_thermometer: :flushed: :cry: i cant even cook or clean or shower very much. Ranting sorry

2 Likes

I consider being on the forum, doing nothing. No offence.

Just it’s what I do because I have no motivation to read and play keyboard etc.

2 Likes

I did 45 minutes. Started thinking about the past.

3 Likes

You need to be qualified doing nothing, its not everyones cup of tea. Can’t believe the article explains how to do nothing :confused: :flushed:.

1 Like

well i should be healthy then.

3 Likes

Think of it as cancel culture.
You are living in the city with people who have culture. Then suddenly youve become diffrent from the culture people. You start to stay indoors all day because you dont enjoy what the culture people are doing. Then after a year later you look outside and the culture people are having different culture.
So your basically you dont have any smart phones but the culture people does.

1 Like

Yes, for example you been in prison for 40 years or live in a monastery. The world around you evolves.

1 Like

In the first you were to live the current generation.
Then get into jail for many years.
Then you come out and your symptoms improve.

1 Like

Sun baking is doing nothing in a way.

I sun baked for fifteen minutes today to get some healthy sun.

I can’t sun bake too long i don’t reckon.

Doing little is good for me.
I’m more stable I think since I got on the pension n it made me better than stress if trying to work etc.

Thankfully I’m able to do little and I’m proud of the stuff k do do anc ability I do have.

2 Likes

I believe it. I know it works for me, helps me quiet down. I worked too much in the past, ignoring my illness and now I am in a absolute mess as it worsened my psychosis. Taking your time is good, life will go on even without me.

2 Likes

To be able to rest should be doable for everybody… Me, i am the kind of sz who cant never relax in his head… I also saw many sz people as us in my hospitals, who couldnt even sit, just pacing around etc… So this is hell in a way…
I am lately obsessed to change my sedentary, but i cant enjoy now just sitting peacefully on my couch, which isnt normal either…
One friend of mine read somewhere, that the laziness is very needed in life lol… He also says to me to try to meditate, while being with no thoughts at all, to reconnect to my body too lol… My mind is often cycling, its not good…
So i can believe a bit this article, yeap :slight_smile:
Plus my pdoc told me honestly, that its not laziness that we have, but negative symptoms, executive functions going dead… He said, that its the healthy people who can be lazy, we are in suffering just i guess :confused:
Take care all!

2 Likes

It more like resetting your brain.
Ever since video games existed the people changed or the windows xp.

I love doing nothing sometimes

1 Like

I struggle with this also sometimes, especially the cooking.

True i have same problem regarding i ignored mi for many years and now im a mess too x

Bertrand Russell came to a similar conclusion a long time ago. He is one of my favourite philosophers.

2 Likes

Lazy people: …

1 Like

I am not lazy, i am just not interested :grinning:

3 Likes