Does your schizophrenia lie to you?

Does it tell you things that aren’t true? Mine is telling me I never loved my daughter and was never close with her. I hate it so much. Is this common? Thanks

2 Likes

very common…I think all the delusions I had was like my brain lies to me …so sad…don’t believe anything while you’re delusional…tell your pdoc.

5 Likes

sounds like something you should discuss with your dr

1 Like

It’s almost the rule with schizophrenia that you get lied to by your brain.

4 Likes

Do meds help with this symptom?

1 Like

Yes, up to a point.

How are you receiving this “message”. Is it just a feeling, or a voice, or some other way?

It’s a feeling and thoughts that won’t stop

2 Likes

I’m on meds for 22 years and some help more with some things, some for other…
For me Risperidone was best for positive symptoms

1 Like

fight it…I had voices when I was delusional…the thoughts are all but mostly gone now…I still get intrusive thoughts of me doing something horrible in my mind but I learned to divert my mind and fight it.

3 Likes

Yes it definitely lies to me. I have to rationalize things because of it

2 Likes

I’ve mentioned to you before that the dose of meds you’re currently on, aren’t a “therapeutic dose”. They won’t do anything for schizophrenia.

You need to tell your psychiatrist that you feel this way and find out if you need a higher dose.

Meds do help. But only at or higher than the therapeutic dose.

5 Likes

My voices are very abusive to me and lies to me so much that i have false memories and cant tell the truth from the lies. the meds dont really help but helps me to control my actions

2 Likes

Sz told me we would always be together and that I’m the only one for it but it went away when I started taking meds and then I found out it affects one in a hundred people!

For me, its my thoughts and my attitude according to that, who are false and like lies… yeap, dont believe your voices now, in any case… tell yourself, that this is the illness talking and mainly try to be nice on yourself :relaxed::relaxed: i feel as a sinner tbh me too even when i am writing this down to you… but we are just ill and no one deserves this suffering… this is not us either :slightly_smiling_face:
Take your meds, yeap, they can help you on that with the time :slightly_smiling_face: the last time i saw my doc, he said, that the sz cant be beaten much with efforts no…

3 Likes

It lies to me all the time. My mind tells me all the time that there is some kind of outside world and that I should run away, but I trust other’s perspective on things and default to their wisdom. I try to stay out of my head as much as possible, because the ego story in there is a nightmare. Reality as everyone else accepts and complains about is heaven compared to the hellish perspective I used to have (And am still trying to get rid of). I spent 10 years misinterpreting reality and making up a story about it and now that is the only way I know how to think, so I’m training my mind to not think and the longer I can stay there a different story is being told.

1 Like

Yes… my brain/sz tells me/thinks all types of things that aren’t true

1 Like

Just ignore the feelings and thoughts even if they are tempting to follow.

2 Likes

It is irrational all the time. especially in creating guilt even when there is none.

2 Likes

That is a good advice.

2 Likes

Yes, my voices constantly tell me lies. The voices wants to destroy everything about me.

3 Likes