Does your doc give you refills

My aprn doesn’t. I wish she would give me one refill on my abilify or naltrexone. I understand the klonopin, no refills. But abilify and naltrexone, can do with a refill. My last pdoc gave me the max number of refills for meds except klonopin which I only needed to fill every 3-4 months. As a result id only see him as needed service when I need klonopin. 3-4 times per year. And hed only keep me on the phone for 5 minutes max. And I’d get so anxious about the appointments I’d forget some things he’d be trying to kick me off the phone.
I like the new aprn better but I wish she would give a refill on the abilify naltrexone but oh well.

1 Like

My pdoc gives me too many refills.

I’ll see him and he’ll give me refills for 6 months, then I’ll see him 2 months later and he’ll give me another prescription even though I don’t need it for another 4 months. I don’t get it.

1 Like

I get four months worth of refills every time I request a refill.

On all my medications,

Abilify, Wellbutrin, Klonopin and Ambien.

But I see my pdoc every month.

1 Like

I always have all kinds of extra pills. I’ll have refills still left and the the docs will give me a new prescription after an appointment so that the pills keep piling up.

1 Like

Even klonopin cuz my pdoc used to give me refills on it then I thought the law changed because he said he couldn’t anymore.

2 Likes

My pdoc hasn’t given me any refills really. I see him once a week to once a month but he only ever writes for 30 days and when he knows I’d run out before seeing him again. My appointments are 30-60 minutes and I’m on vraylar.

1 Like

The law did change. You have to be seen by your dr for them to legally refill your controlled meds.

1 Like

My insurance covers my meds every 30 days, my pdoc fills it every 30 days, it’s all automatic as long as I continue to go to my appointments and cooperate with my treatment plan the meds keep flowing automatically. Now I have overdosed on my meds a number of times so I signed up for meds management where they keep my prescriptions and only give me one week at a time, that way if I decide to take my pills it won’t be fatal.

My doctor likes to give me refills on the risperidone but not so much on the Depakote or Klonopin.
Not unless I remind her.

1 Like

ah we don’t have refills here… we just get several prescriptions and get a new box every time… they don’t refill it.

3 Likes

When I was on klonopin they wanted to see id and sign the prescription slip. Iirc they gave refills just they were just careful who they gave it out to.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.