Does Meditation helps psychosis...?

i used to mediate(meditation)before i take medicine…
I couldn’t find it any helpful emotionally and spiritually…
Do u have any pleasant experience from meditation…???cuz
I am going to start

Dynamic Meditation by Osho.

…sooon…:alien:
ur input is valuable to me…
Thanks for reading…

Meditation doesn’t help psychosis. Psychosis is involuntary.

2 Likes

Do u have any experiece @everhopeful…???
Few people in this Forum talk about meditation has helped them…???

I am sooooo confused…???

I used to meditate when I was a teenager. I’d say it made things worse.

1 Like

ok i’ll take ur word…

1 Like

I meditate regularly. and if I go too long without meditating I’m kind of a snooty bitch

1 Like

it depends on what you set your mind to focus on during meditation . if you focus on negative thoughts of course thats not going to help and will make things worse but if you focus your mind on a waterfall or a positive thought it can help . the purpose of meditation to to gain control over your thoughts but that takes practice . if your not used to doing that and cannot control your thoughts its best to avoid during psychosis i think because you naturally be focusing your mind on negative thoughts .

2 Likes

For me meditation makes things worse

1 Like

I will start meditation from this month and i will update U on that…ok
thanks…:alien:

2 Likes

Read some of the other threads on mindfulness!

“Mindfulness interventions are moderately effective in treating negative symptoms and can be useful adjunct to pharmacotherapy;”

I have posted my own expearnces of meditation a few times, so here is something ddiffrent! Do a course focused on meditation for phycosis, as unless your in need of a spiritual journey justy keep to nhe parts that help with your condition and not other BS that some practitioners preach about.

I mostly did mindful breathing with labeling voices and sensations sounds smells etc and bodyscans and relaxation. I never did the whole mindful activity thing i.e. walking, but kinda wish I’d added it to my bag of tricks I use to stay well.

1 Like

Good luck @far_cry0 , keep us updated about your meditation program.

1 Like

Meditation is the key to the universe…i have figured out my goal of being a sage due to meditation…yes the herb…no not the ■■■■■■■ herb…

2 Likes

A long time ago I went through a period where I did transcendental meditation, got about the right amount of exercise, went to AA meetings, and cut down my coffee to 1 or 2 cups a day. My grades at school were good - above a 3.5. When I fell off the wagon my grades dropped badly. The promoters of transcendental meditation claimed unrealistic benefits from this kind of meditation, but I did find it to be a good form of relaxation therapy. It didn’t cure my anxiety, though. That’s why I fell off the wagon.

1 Like

I have felt overwhelmingly happy for several months after one particular meditation session…fasting and celibacy seems to boost meditations effects…

Meditation makes me psychotic pretty fast. I did 20 minutes a day for a week, 9 months ago. After a week I got quite psychotic and ever since just a minute of it makes me a bit iffy. But it did have many beneficial effects before that happened, I really wish I could have kept doing it.

There are probably techniques you can use such as labelling voices that would enable you to carry on meditating in a non judgemental manner!

1 Like

I don’t know if it helps with psychosis; I don’t think so, but I know for sure that for me it helps with negative symptoms.

1 Like