Does it ever get better?

No one wants to DO anything.
No one wants a tool box.
No one wants to take responsibility for their recovery.

Everyone wants to take a pill and…

BELIEVE in MAGIC.

How’s it working for you?

Easy sneazy… That’s not true. There’s a lot of us who want that tool box :smile:

We’re up against a couple of problems.

Problem #1 is there are strange sciences at play with very few solid answers to define what they really are.

Problem #2 You’re not the only one who is crazy and probably more sane than the rest of the world that never stops to take notice or ask questions; just bicker over superficial issues.

Schizophrenia gets better simply because it starts to become more interesting than it is frightening. It takes awhile to let go of the ‘natural’ way we viewed things by default but once you get leverage (and you will) you start to realize that you climbed a few levels of intelligence and some artists and story tellers out there will begin making more sense than they did previously.

The problem from there forward is problem #2 - you’re someone who cared enough to look around and ask questions vs a world comprised of mostly those who don’t bother to look past the nose on their faces.

1 Like

Look at it this way, guys - We have much deeper/meatier issues to ponder now other than trying to save up enough for a flashy car to impress the spoiled, blonde, air-headed chic next door, eh?

2 Likes

Please forgive my occasional frustrations. I appreciate those who do, believe me. But most mental health pts of any kind that I have encountered since 1987 just want a pill or two (or three).

You are here by forgiven.

I get that, I was like that, but I’m going forward with CBT as soon as I can afford to start it.

There are piles of effective – and inexpensive – workbooks available on the cheap from amazon.com. See…

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=cognitive+therapy+workbooks&tag=googhydr-20&index=stripbooks&hvadid=70611891045&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6982070960996352847&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_33qet25pk2_b

I have done several and gotten useful results.

1 Like

Will check those out. (I think I might find some pdfs too) Thanks :smile:

Am I the only one who found CBT to be a total waste of time? I swear, it made me worse.

How can you say that about everybody? Kind of a sweeping generalization isn’t it?

I wonder how that relates to (warning, dangerous thoughts ahead) the idea that I see pushed a lot that ‘you are not your illness’ or related ideas. And by questioning that idea, I’m not straightforwardly saying that one does coincide with the illness entirely. Rather, I’m thinking that “me vs illness” is very much a life task that schizophrenics, and maybe any MI patient, are confronted with. The slogan I so often see does not seem to recognize that. And if there is no task at hand, where would one need tools for? If “I” and “ilness” are neatly separated, why work on oneself?