Does anyone trade stocks on the ‘robinhood’ app?

You should stop immediately

I think advising people to stop trading stocks in ANY app or shape or form is good advice.

It’s just gambling and you’re going to get burned.

3 Likes

Yup

Whenever money gets involved so does a specific ‘type’ of person. And these people are always, always, always smarter than you.

For some people it’s a game. Unfortunately, it’s a game that is addicting and costs you all your money

1 Like

I have stocks on the “Stash” app. I’m up about 1600 and have been for quite some time. Investing in the stock market is not gambling. It’s investing. It’s not that hard to make money either as long as you don’t get stupid and invest in risky stocks. There are certain stocks that you can invest in that you almost certainly know will go up in time. Granted, it’s not for everybody, but as long as you invest cautiously, you can get a much better return than the bank.

I’m not advocating for everyone to invest your money in the stock market , but for me, it was the right choice.

2 Likes

Robinhood is day trading.

Day trading is not investing.

Day trading is risky.

Are you sure the robinhood app is only for day trading? I thought it was similar to the “Stash” app.

AFAIK most people use it for day trading.

GME & such

Your info is too slow on these apps for day trading anyway… You only get like 4 windows a day where you can trade and your stock updates lag behind. These are not very good vehicles for day trading.

1 Like

Now I want to investigate. But I can’t cuz I’m a problem gambler

1 Like

If you are a problem gambler, I WOULD stay away from the stock market. It takes patience and riding out when stocks go up and down to make money.

1 Like

I dabbled in the stock market when I was younger.
Made some money but also lost some.

I don’t invest in stocks any longer.

2 Likes

I was going to buy planet fitness 5 years ago at $25. I believe in the company and wanted to own part of it, but I can’t do individual stocks cuz I get too neurotic about winning/losing money. Planet fitness is now at $77.

I’d have tripled my $ in 5 years.

1 Like

Yeah, the key is not to watch your stocks like a hawk and try to buy and sell constantly, you need to pick a company that you have faith that it will grow in the long term, like Amazon for example and just let it sit for at least a couple years.

If you let yourself sell constantly because you panic because a stock is going down you are going to lose. But like I said, if you are a gambler, I would stay out altogether.

1 Like

Yup

Even Amazon will go bust someday. I didn’t even think about it till Bezos said it.

And the rate at which things move these days it’ll probably happen before anyone knows what’s going on.

IMO there will be some antitrust issues with Amazon in the not to distant future.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been yet actually.

If there ever was a retail/tech company that was too big to fail it is Amazon

Another key point is to invest in multiple companies…to diversify, just in case something does happen with one of your stocks you don’t lose everything. One company may go down but you have 15 more are that going up. I currently have my money spread out amongst 16 companies.

1 Like

My brother wants me to invest. He’s investing in Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Nvidia, AMD, etc Big companies are much safer.

1 Like

You can also invest in the government which is safe. My brother reads a lot about stocks on Reddit.

1 Like

My friend mentioned Robin Hood stocks today to me. Coincidence, or what.

1 Like

Banks invest our money and make money while giving us nothing lol

1 Like