Does anyone think that they will be on AP medication for life

I am certain I will be on them for life, and I’m okay with that. Every time I have gone off of them, sooner or later things went bad. I’m in favor of staying on them for life if it means never having another psychotic break.

2 Likes

I’m on mine for life. And, after years of fighting the idea, I’m finally ok with it. No delusions abut being able to be med free. But some doctors !!! I wish more that I could be doctor free.

I have the same thing from time to time. My doc said if it turned out that the sza wasn’t the cause then we’d do early dementia tests. After getting the AP right (dose and type) my dementia-like symptoms significantly improved. My pdoc says that when you have sza or sz that cognitive symptoms are often present. Add in bipolar and it gets worse.

I hope yours improves as well.

1 Like

Thanks @anon4362788!!!

1 Like

How old are you?

I’m 41years old @V7011

Does the confusion happen all the time or does it last for a specific amount of time? @CoCo

@V7011 It comes and goes at random times

I would dearly love to come off my med’s, but so far every time I tried that it was a catastrophe.

2 Likes

On no AP at all, I’m sure I’d be hearing things. Dunno about seeing, but definitely hearing. It’s all right, I can live with being medicated forever. Currently my psychiatrist has lowered my dose of Vraylar from 6mg to 4.5mg. So far, so good. I think it’s getting easier to think and write again.

I was on it for a few years, abd I still taje it sometimes.
Thing is it made me worse with panic attacks and things.

When I came off it I was flying. Mania may have been part of it, that was april so I might be floating on it rn, though mania is usually like half a yr or thereabouts.

Half a yr has passed, though it could be gettin worse and ramping up.

Ummmm, my cousin took em too and they didn’t really help all that much, made things worse, not a good look.

So we might share those issues, and being on them were the hardest yrs of my life, soooo, we’ll just wait and see how it turns out.

Got an apptmt w/the doc next wk, so we’re gonna talk about stuff and I’ve written some stuff down about moid stabilizers.

There is more crazy now, but aps don’t take away the crazy for everyone, and I’m crazy and was born and destined to be crazy and become crazier.

Sooo, medsre alright, I don’t see myself relapsing on them, and though I’m zany and get manic and paranoid and can’t go to school or work…those were issues when I was deep into meds too…

Also…movement disorders. Not a good look.

Sooo, we’re gonna talk about this and I’ll appeal to our similarities, let him have the floor mostly and talk alot about mood stabilizers without any really nasty sfx.

Though mood is something which is manageable now, and unless it wanders over into full blown mania we’re gonna be great son.

We’re gonna battle, we’re gonna fight…regardless of the scoreboard…

1 Like

I take meds to clarify, just not aps consistently at high doses, I had a very hard life at that time.

It’s the same life I’m living now…

Bullet!!!

Last summer after I turned 59 I started hearing an occasional voice. My pdoc upped my AP and I stopped hearing the voice. I think I’m on AP’s the rest of my life.

wow that’s a lot of Haldol. I’ve been on .5mg - 1mg for 10 years now

@VanDam Yeah it is, but we tried lowering it and I got psychotic again. @Om_Sadasiva takes 60 mg if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Yes, plus 50mg haldol, 60mg zyprexa

I think I will be on antipsychotics for the rest of my life. They keep me from having delusions which is a positive thing.

I could really use an antipsychotic that wasn’t so heavy on interfering with my moods. Hopefully I can increase my Wellbutrin dose and get back some sort of good mood.

Went off my medication one time and it didn’t end well and the psychosis came back. I’ll be on these medications for the rest of my life.

how can you stand that? I couldn’t stand the side effects of 2mg Haldol one time I took it

I’ve been borderline suicidal lately… not doing well at all really. Want to throw my hands up in the air