Does anyone take buspar?

Do you feel like it does anything?

I take this med twice a day and I’m still anxious.

My nurse practitioner also prescribed me vistaril. I guess it’s kind of like a super Benadryl. It just makes me tired. I don’t really take it.

Ugh, anxiety. :unamused:

Edit: Oops, this should be in the medications category.

I take it as needed for anxiety as my nurse practitioner told me to do but it doesn’t really seem to do much for me. I’ve been on it for about a month now.

1 Like

i take it three times a day, but im on such a low dose that idt it does much. nurse practitioner i see is scared to up it bc of fears of serotonin syndrome

1 Like

Oh interesting I didn’t realize you could take it PRN. How much much do you take?

5 mg a day on average

1 Like

When I was on it, my pdoc at the time said it’s not meant to be taken PRN, it’s supposed to build up in your system. Buspar did nothing for my anxiety but it was a nice little med to boost my SSRI’s effectiveness.

1 Like

I got put on Gabapentin and Buspar at the same time, so I can’t tell what’s doing what. But from what I’ve seen online, I think it’s the Gabapentin. Buspar seems like the type of med that is either amazing for you or does nothing

1 Like

Hell no. I dreamt of radioactivity. Hallucinating in my sleep. It kept waking me up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.