Does anyone suffer from OCD

I suffer from OCD intrusive thoughts, it’s worse than my sz . Hopefully I’ll get into my CBT program, it’s my last hope

5 Likes

Yes, I also suffer from intrusive thoughts. They’re quite distressing since they’re generally violent and come out of nowhere.

Other then that, I feel the need to compulsively clean. But since my depression is so bad I cannot keep up with it. So I’m extremely anxious and uncomfortable because my house isn’t as clean as I’d like it to be.

5 Likes

I have intrusive thoughts of violence

2 Likes

I have intrusive thoughts mainly about harm towards myself. But I do not have OCD. I hope cbt gives you some relief!

1 Like

I have ocd more along the lines of things like making sure light switches are off completely and things are shut properly, also that things are unplugged…just a few examples…

Leaving the house at times can be very stressful because of it.

Also the door knobs are constantly coming unscrewed because of shaking them and really trying to make sure they are actually locked and the door is shut to the point that I’ll accidentally start ripping them off the door :tired_face:

4 Likes

I suspect. I double check my locks, my oven, or just about anything that is dangerous or I find stressful. I try to curtail my thoughts and words to feel more pleasant to me when I say them. I have often nagged people about little things “just” so I could know something or help them. I try to fight those thoughts though through positivity.

3 Likes

The old “lock and twist the door knob” right?

2 Likes

It seems an antidepressant helped ease my OCD and intrusive thoughts.

3 Likes

I have OCD but I can’t take Antidepressants.

1 Like

I take clonazepam which helped me

1 Like

Lol yes. Over and over and over again…

2 Likes

Me and my Dad do the same thing.

2 Likes

I have OCD, its terrible…

1 Like

Yes, I have OCD, PTSD, and SzA.

2 Likes

i have ocd, i think its honestly the most severe and disabling of any of my mental illnesses. my maxed out prozac dosage has been helping some but i still obsess and have intrusive thoughts quite often

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.