Does anyone see their Pdoc online?

Thinking about getting a new Pdoc from online site.

1 Like

Not in the Uk you dont. Unless it was a skype call for a medication review during covid.

2 Likes

I see my through telehealth. But the rules with Medicare changed and I may have to see her in person next time.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve had to do video “zoom” PDOC visits before and I think they suck. I mean at least I can get a “visit”, but it seems terribly impersonal. Especially coz my ACT team member has to be there to “facilitate” the meeting. Pretty much crap.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen my pdoc in person. I started seeing her in 2020. I always have a video call with her. I hope I never have to see her in person, because it’s 45 minutes each way. I couldn’t handle that much. I’m thankful for video calls.

2 Likes

Completely agree. I didnt like them either. Trouble is over here - if you miss the skype call, your waiting 3 months for another appointment - just to adjust your meds.

3 Likes

I saw mine remote during COVID but went back to in person. I like in person better but still see my therapist on line. I just don’t get much out of Therapy. I think it’s a waste of time but I still do it.

2 Likes

I used to see my psychiatrist in person when her office was local

Now she moved an hour away and does telemedicine sessions exclusively

I prefer tele health anyway

I have agoraphobia

1 Like

I saw mine through zoom meeting online.
Went well.

I am just seeing my Gp now but if I need to see a psychiatrist again it might be online again because I can’t transport myself to psychiatrist office.

2 Likes

I have Medicare @CoCo
What do you mean by the rules changed?
Are you telling me that I will no longer be able to see my doctors via telehealth?

1 Like

my pdoc is online but I am at the clinic where I have face to face communication with her via computer. I don’t mind…why does it matter?

1 Like

My pdoc is all online now. Started in covid but it has stuck. I like this setup because I get stagefright in person

2 Likes

I used to see pdoc online or through phone call since COVID. I prefer to meet in person and have a detailed talk to see if it can benefit me. Whenever I get a chance I try to meet in person. It is not a big deal otherwise.

1 Like

My case manager told me appointments need to be done in person now. She said it’s because of Medicare’s new rules. But she could be wrong, I don’t know. I haven’t looked into it on my own yet @Wave

1 Like

@Wave , I just checked. Medicare is going to continue to pay for telehealth appointments for mental healthcare through Dec 31, 2024. My case manager was wrong

1 Like

Oh that’s a relief
Thanks for the info @CoCo

1 Like

My pdoc who was an average NP quit without giving my clinic notice. I got a seasoned pdoc who is a psychiatrist. I am very happy with her and have our first in-person interview scheduled for August. I’m a little scared I’ll disappear: she’ll reveal that I’m just an act.

1 Like

I saw my doctor remote. not from an online site but from a local clinic. i prefered the video calls.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.