Does anyone have anhedonia, please come forward?

I’m sitting listening to music watching movies and feeling nothing except a feeling of dissatisfaction. It isn’t like this all the time, but there is always a lack of pleasure.

I wish I could enjoy the music and movies…

Its almost worse than not being able to speak and think properly. I am really low functioning I guess.

Anyone else have any experiences of this. Maybe we can feel sorry for ourselves together…

6 Likes

Yes lately that has been the case for me. No joy in anything, life feels so shallow and empty again. I’m bringing back bad habits because of it in an attempt to make myself feel some sort of pleasure again.

3 Likes

I’ve always had this problem for as long as I can remember, since I was a young teen.
Anything that should feel pleasurable, I find doesn’t for me and makes me wonder if that’s why my motivation isn’t so good.

4 Likes

I suffer TERRIBLY from this

2 Likes

I’ll feel sorry for myself with you lol. Yes, I get this all the time. I got it before the meds, so I know, at least in my case, it’s not medication induced. Unfortunate symptom of schizophrenia. Sometimes I feel like a zombie, just sitting on the couch staring at the turned off TV.

5 Likes

I also have a lack of pleasure. Because of that, I usually do nothing of my free time. I’m also emotionless. I’m going to talk about that to my psychiatrist but I don’t know if there is anything she can do. I have always felt like that with all antipsychotics.

2 Likes

I am joining this club. For last few months i am trying to engross in music and movies but its like whats in it anyway same old tunes and stories. I wish i had the feeline of rush to listen to music for the kind of excitement it gives and kind of rush tje movie gives before watching and hope it lasts.2

1 Like

I keep telling myself I don’t have anhedonia like that’s some sort of positive therapy, but I lose interest in tv shows rather quickly (I’m still watching Game of Thrones so that’s good) and barely like music anymore. I used to love to dance and listen to music. And I’m not gardening anymore.

3 Likes

I am on prolixin and I feel everything magnified kinda. I laugh and I cry listening to music but I am sure to play more laughing music than sad…sometimes you can’t avoid it. I listen a lot to Junior Brown and Reverend Horton Heat. can’t go wrong…full of laughs. horton heat is kind of dirty but funny.

1 Like

Ive got anhedonia and this makes me less motivated to do things.

1 Like

I dont enjoy arts anymore. I dont read. I dont do what i used to do. I just sit and wait.

3 Likes

I did before I started the Zoloft. It’s helped a lot for me but I understand not everyone can take an SSRI.

1 Like

Sup …?? Gorri …what are u upto…have a good sleep…

1 Like

yes, I understand you. Me too, I have it a lot. The negatives are a killer of pleasure, its quite tough. but continue trying to distract you, the pleasure can come eventually :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

yeah, hi…
lack of pleasure in most all…
i just keep on developing new things to do…
but it all gets old yeah…
too fast…

1 Like

If you have anhedonia join this Facebook group so we can all get together
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=859188704201219&ref=br_rs
Name of group : Anhedonia - Let’s feel again

My name is Charles (but im not the owner/admin)

2 Likes

I had anhedonia really bad. It has improved a lot over the years! I can now experience some form of pleasure. Maybe it’s at 50-70% of what it used to be. When I was really sick, it was like 0%.

2 Likes

How long did it take for you to notice that pleasure was coming back? Would you say that you have done anything specific to trigger this healing process? @insidemind

Certain medications, time, and supplements.

1 Like

How much time approximately are we talking about ?