Does anyone have anhedonia, please come forward?

Almost 7 years.

1 Like

Yes, bad as heII, cant get by in this world but barely. I am broken. I spend the days putting together some pieces of a different picture.

It’s been a problem but found that exercising helps a lot! My meds have stayed the same for years but my exercise lately has increased…seems to help with the negatives.

I do find I lack pleasure a bit…I’m perma flat…as I tell my shrink…it’s all just blah…but that is the disorder and the state of things…positives are no drama for me like many others…negatives suck dingo balls!

2 Likes

Im not diagnosed as sz at the moment but i was in the last city i lived in. I find very little pleasure in what i used to enjoy. I feel so numb and loss of emotion. It fluctuates sometimes i can get a tiny bit of pleasure from a movie but my concentration is really bad at the moment so i dont even attempt watching anything. I just do hands on stuff but i really have to push myself to do stuff.

1 Like

As I was on my way out of hospital long-term 10 years ago I was given antidepressants for the exact reasons of having lack of joy
but it’s in fact gave me the last 11 years capable of being less nervous or anxious less bulimic and also happier
The lack of elation I do still have
Antidepressants were given to me because of being unhappy more than six days a week
If this sounds like you perhaps you could try it

1 Like

I have a disinterest in everything. Sometimes its uncomfortable. It’s from risperidone.

I have avolition and anhedonia but it fluctuates in a day or week. Almost look like normal swing mood. I never felt exciment again associated with music or nothing like that since 15 year old. When i was normal and healthy (15 year old) i was a happy person and i enjoyed doing things. I rembember feeling good and having pleasure with little things. Time soon passed. In the pre-illness and post-illness moments started the struggle.