Does anyone else see words, letters and numbers in color?

this only just occured to me. it’s been that way since i was little, used to get into heated debates about the color of a certain number or letter with my sister. feel very strongly about it.

is this something to do with schizophrenia?
or is it seperate? is this a normal thing for us?

Synesthesia maybe 666999

3 Likes

i’ll google it, thanks

1 Like

I think it’s called synesthesia.

3 Likes

thanks, i guess so!
i’d never heard of it before. i brought it up the other day to someone, and that’s when i realized it wasn’t normal. i thought everyone had this thing.
weird.
it’s not exactly useful in any way
hasn’t caused me any harm either though

1 Like

My mom and my brother can taste and smell colors. It’s fascinating.

1 Like

that is super cool! i wish i knew what colors tasted and smelled like.
that would be amazing

1 Like

Lol yeah I wish I could do that with colors too. They’ll say something smells like pink for instance, and I so badly want to know what the hell they’re talking about.

1 Like

do they argue about what color certain things smell like?
i’d love to hear that conversation:’)

1 Like

Actually, strangely enough, they tend to agree upong the smell and taste of colors. Maybe it’s because they’re related or something.

1 Like

That sounds awful. Really scary.

I have that! Numbers, letters, sounds, touch, smell and taste all have colours for me.
Smells also have textures, and touch can have shapes.

It makes me confuse smells, because something can smell brown and green like a kiwi looks, so I’ll say it smells like kiwi when the smells are nothing alike

2 Likes

i am glad it’s not just me!!
sounds like you have a much more impressive version of it though,
gotta admit, am kind of jealous, i want to know what colors the smells are!

It’s a bit confusing, lol.
But my favourite part of it are the colours music triggers

2 Likes

This reminds me of people who have perfect pitch. I would be much better at the clarinet if I had perfect pitch I think.

that must be beautiful. do you play any instruments? i wonder if you could make music based on the color of it. that would be cool to hear.

Unfprtunately I don’t.
But I did when i was younger.
I remember being able to easily tell something wasn’t right because the colours changed.

I don’t remember who, but a famous composer with synaesthesia once yelled at his orcestra to play the piece “more green”, haha, that might as well be me

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.