Does anyone else have a physical sensation in your head when you are psychotic?

The sensation won’t go away, it feels like my brain is encased and almost makes me feel sick. Anyone else get this?

1 Like

I’ve had the ‘diseased brain’ sensation before. That sucked.

But I think I’m better medicated now cuz it’s been a while.

1 Like

Interesting, I’ve never heard of “diseased brain” sensation before, what is that?

1 Like

Probably something similar to what you’re describing.

I would just lay in bed and with an unhealthy ‘thinker’

1 Like

Yeah I was just describing this to someone. For me it’s like having a brain of heavy clay and nothing is vibrant. Like everything looks dull even if it’s bright and sunny outside.

1 Like

May I ask what helped that sensation go away?

I honestly haven’t figured out yet. Only thing that’s helped is having med tweaks to make the psychotic symptoms lessen. When that gets better, my head feels better. My mom wondered if light therapy would help. I might try that next time.

1 Like

Can I ask which meds work for you?

I’ve done best so far on cariprazine (vraylar). It took a while to kick in but when it did it was night and day for me with my head.

1 Like

That’s awesome, can I ask what other symptoms bothered you?

I get tactiles all the time - a tingling that goes down all the body. Usually Choral music - which can feed the angel delusion. Its almost a sparkling lol.

I actually find it quite theraputic.

2 Likes

For me it’s paranoia and paranoid delusions and negative symptoms mostly. The vraylar seems to be helping with a lot of that. I’m still pretty new to this med so I’m not sure how things will be in the long run but so far it’s a definite difference.

2 Likes

I feel my brain almost constantly in various ways. It pulsates, expands, pieces move. There are other times it feels fking good, as though my brain itself is being massaged. Almost a high.

I almost constantly have real physical pain in my head and ears too, nausea comes and goes with it.

Yes. It just feels like a lot of pressure in my head that wouldn’t let me relax. Plus a racing mind.

If I can ask, did any meds help with this?

1 Like

Kinda, it got better over time.

Not usually but I have felt like.my brain was melting before

For me it feels like my brain is swelling. I do know that during psychosis the brain becomes inflamed, so that’s probably what I’m feeling.

1 Like

How did it go away for you?

It just seems to go away once the delusional ideas stop going through my brain. I guess you could say that I get floods of delusions sometimes, and that’s when it feels like my brain is swelling. I don’t think I’ve ever had the swelling feeling for a whole day.