Do your meds have to increase over time?

i read some threads people saying that their dosage increase in a long run, is that true?

3 Likes

It depends how your illness goes. Some people get better some people get worse. Most people improve, so I would say that is not true.

1 Like

but i mean if you have been stable on some meds for some time, would ur symptoms come back slowly and that you have to increase your meds again?

Sometimes meds can become less effective and the dose needs to be increased. Apparently abilify might not suffer from this.

1 Like

Meds can lose effectiveness, so if your symptoms get worse they will up your meds or switch them.

2 Likes

@anon98459728 My meds have gone last 16months but who knows tbh

2 Likes

Sorry mean’t gone down

1 Like

Mine have reduced greatly over the years. Currently on what is a maintenance dose of Geodon.

4 Likes

It depends on which med. Some lose their efficacy over time but many do not.

3 Likes

I take Abilify and my dose has decreased over time.

2 Likes

I have had to take a slightly higher Haldol dose over time. I’ve noticed the meds don’t work quite as well as they used to. I’ve been on Haldol for 10 years though.

1 Like

It is something i wonder about. I decreased meds, but i think i was on a way too high dose for me before. I do feel after a period off meds, meds effects upon restarting are stronger again and im like woohoo…im healed! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a really good question @schizophrenick

I wonder how COMMON it is that dosage needs to be increased through out life…

If its a more routine thing as opposed to a rarer thing

1 Like

Some meds lose effectiveness over time. Vraylar worked great for me for almost a year but then I started going psychotic and ended up in the hospital. They changed my AP to Invega Sustenna. I’m hoping this one doesn’t lose effectiveness.

1 Like

In my case, we lower the crazy doses i was on, and I am better than ever

1 Like