Typically, how often do you need a med increase?

I’m on 2 antipsychotics and they both have to be increased each in a months time. Feels kind of rare to do so. How much time in between increases for you?

I’ve been on 10mg abilify for about 2 years, no med increase. Abilify has a different method of action though, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

1 Like

I do happen to be on Abilify, and I still have to increase it every month or so. Hmm… I think I’m bummed out about this. I had a pdoc tell me once that science doesn’t know why this happens.

What dose are you on?

I increased to 15mg from 10mg a week and a half ago.

There’s research to show that above 15mg it’s no more effective than 15mg, but a few people on here contradict that and need more.

1 Like

about 6 months ago I got a med increase. Haldol 20 mgs to 25 mgs.

1 Like

Woah! 25mg haldol. Just 12mg of that stuff was akathisia city for me.

1 Like

Went from abilify 10mg to 15mg a while back. Didn’t notice anything special. Doc hoped it would address my negatives but so far it hasn’t.

1 Like

it’s helped but it causes my legs to twitch. some people think i’m just cold or doing it on purpose but that’s not the case.

1 Like

Am pretty sure there are meds to help the twitching. Cogentin?

1 Like

In a total of 7 and a half years treatment I never had to increase my dose. The last year and a half I’ve been having problems and had to increase.

1 Like

i’m already on the generic for that, my new pdoc raised the dose of it recently but its not helping very much.

1 Like

I’ve been on 12.5 zyprexa about a year and a half… And a flux of 15 and 12.5 for a couple years before that.

1 Like

Every time I change doctors…to think I only used to go to those batards in my 20’s for adderal and klonopin scrpits as honest as I was about flahs backs and as vicious as my ex was as wanting me put away which she was originally threatned with.

As for now, I’ve been stable on my mood Latuda for months now, run out of klonopin is my akile’s heal and I think they know that, but as far as being stable I’ve been good on 80mg of Latuda.

1 Like