Do you think its negative thinking

At some point I feel I’m gonna have to give up on work. After over 25 jobs in a span of 10 years I quit every single one of them.

I quit the last one as I had no insight when I did and it was too late…

I’m trying again … And I really want it to work out but I’m not gonna push myself as hard as I have everywhere else. Yes , people will talk especially my relatives as if I’m not working they keep pestering me. They think I’m useless as is.

3 Likes

That’s what people do. I’ve been called a parasite. But I don’t linger on statements like that. Just make the best of it whatever your ability to work. Work isn’t everything.

2 Likes

I’ll give it my best shot but if it causes a lot of stress I wouldn’t have a choice

1 Like

Yes, me too don’t feel part of the general community, since i don’t work. I can’t take part in it, for example i can’t afford going to the movie theatre, having a regular coffeeshop or pub to go to. I don’t go to festivals or musicevents. I am taking a passive part like watching the news or listen to the radio. Its kind of a sad life. I can imagine some of us feel non-existent.

3 Likes

My partner says he supports me whether I work or not and doesn’t care what anyone else says. I’ll still give work ago but like I said no pressure on me.

2 Likes

It’s good you have support. Not everyone can work and it doesn’t make us less.

2 Likes

I did the same. I’ve probably had at least 40 jobs and quit most of them.

1 Like

Honestly @Milly, being hired for 25 jobs is an accomplishment.

Clearly, those employers recognized your CV credentials and viewed you as the top candidate for those positions.

You have employable skills for sure, and that’s impressive in its own right.

1 Like

It’s better that you quit instead of being fired. That tells me, you used your judgement knowing it was too much at the time rather than it got out of hand and they forced you to leave. You’ve accomplished a lot in life. Be very proud of yourself for knowing your limitations but also trying your best in life.

2 Likes

I’ve had more than 30 jobs in 40 years. About half of them I lasted less than three months. I’ve been at my current job 11 years. Working is weird that way; a lot of it you can’t predict how you’ll do.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.