Do you think i can try get disability?

If I do get diagnosed with autism is there better chances of me getting on disability ? I know that if I do then I can still work so that would not be an issue but I can only seem to manage part time at the moment anyway… need help to find a suitable job… I don’t want to work from home I crave human interaction but often feel misunderstood and misunderstand others (which was never paranoia)…

In Belgium you need to prove that your ability to earn has dropped with more than 2/3 when compared to an average person.

Well yes I barely earn £11 an hour… I am capable of earning more if I can find an opportunity… but I just can’t deal with the social politics in the workplace it just exhausting

1 Like

You could always ask your psychiatrist whether they think you qualify for disability. They have plenty of experience. They should be able to tell.

1 Like

Yeah I speak to them Friday… its just that disability is designed to look for psychical issues more than mental so its tough… a little help would really be great so I can focus on working without stressing

I don’t know. My guess is it would be hard with your work history. I’ve been diagnosed with autism and would not qualify for disability.

1 Like

There are plenty of people with mental disabilities. In Belgium people with psychosis that can’t work qualify.

1 Like

I have had 20 jobs or 21 since 2008 and its been tough to hold down a full time job … if they can’t give disability then I’d really like the support to work to the best of my ability …

1 Like

Oh that might be different, I don’t know. I thought you had the one steady job for awhile now.

1 Like

Yes I was working part time for two years … all was going great as it was part time and easy… then corona virus kicked in and they wanted me to work more hours and then it just went downhill and I started crying in the office… incredibly embarrassing as im 35 and behave like a child

1 Like

Sorry @anon80629714. That sounds really stressful.

1 Like

Well at least I now am realising why I might be feeling so different all these years … now I can just focus on my strengths … autism is not the end of the world it might open the door to more possibilities… time will tell

1 Like

I think that’s a smart attitude.

After I let go of the person I was trying to be, I started to get more in touch with my actual strengths, or my autistic superpowers as I sometimes think of them. :upside_down_face: :woman_superhero:

1 Like

Yes it was getting very confusing why I am feeling so weird about the things I was doing … can see I was trying way too hard to fit in and wasn’t realising it … thats why I was feeling so bad about myself

1 Like

I hope things get better for you as you’re able to see yourself a little clearer. For me, autism really was the missing piece of the puzzle.

If you’re interested, there are a lot of great books about women on the spectrum.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.