Schizophrenia.com

It is ALL starting to make sense

I feel like I am finally finding pieces to a puzzle I was unable to solve.

My pschologist did a test on me to find out if I have autism (however she did not tell me she just said she wanted to find out my learning style). But when I posted about it here one of you shared a link to the exact questions she used. It was a test for autism.

I used to be on meds for epilepsy up to the age of 4. They say there is some link between autism and seziures. My cousin says she thinks her dad is on the spectrum too. He also talks about feeling like an outcast and being told he was nothing more than a basket case. But he is now a qualified accountant with an MBA.

7 Likes

I didn’t know there was a link between autism and seizures. That’s interesting. In what ways do you think you shows signs of autism? I think you said already, but I forgot.

1 Like

Not being able to cope with social situations and finding them overwhelming and exhausting… wanting a lot of alone time … taking up lots of project and spending loads and loads of time on them…feeling like I dont belong on this planet… reactions that sometimes don’t make sense and I often feel like a child when I have meltdowns … feeling different at home to at work …they say this is a mask behavior …

2 Likes

Ok. I understand now. Regardless of the diagnosis, I hope you get help with coping etc. I’m socially awkward as well, and I know how taxing that can be.

1 Like

I am going to talk to my psychologist about the pip appointment to assess whether I can get disability …I applied in the past but they keep saying I dont struggle … my psychologist sees I struggle maybe they can help… I still want to work but continue ti part time

2 Likes

That makes sense. I hope you get it.

1 Like