Do you suffer from avolition(Lack of motivation)?

And I just looked up anhedonia. I have that too. I wish I still enjoyed things. I used to love books and learning, crafting, fashion/makeup, listening to and playing music, etc. Now? I just don’t feel like doing anything or that I enjoy anything really anymore. It all feels so forced or just bad if I am able to make myself do one of those things that I used to enjoy. I don’t find anything pleasurable anymore. I don’t laugh at things either. I don’t remember the last time I really found something funny and laughed. This illness really sucks.

1 Like

High zinc foods probably help with motivation. I’m supplementing zinc to raise testosterone which should help.

1 Like

I find it so hard to get started and once I get started I find it so hard to keep going. I’m fooling around with making lists and that helped for a few days but yesterday I only got 2 things done. I just couldn’t get going. I keep trying though because the psychological toll of having things undone and out of order is too great for someone like me (OCD).

1 Like

Yes I do… but mine is mostly somatic…

I do have sparks of interests though…

1 Like

Yes, it’s a constant thing for me that I have to push back against.

1 Like

Yes, I have that problem pretty badly. But it gets a LOT better when I’m manic. When I’m manic, I can suddenly clean the whole house, every speck of dust gone, everything put away, everything is shiny/tidy and perfect.

But most of the time, I really struggle. Walking the dog is a big struggle, for me, like you. Basic chores, like dishes, seems impossible.

Even if I want to brew some tea in the french press, I often times just don’t do it, because it’s too much work.

Everything is so overwhelming.

That’s a big reason I can no longer work. My boss would give me a task to do (and not even a difficult one) but I’d get so overwhelmed by it that I would just shut down and procrastinate. Like… even the thought of getting things done makes me stressed. Because most of the time, I can barely function.

Hubby is usually pretty understanding about my avolition, but he does get upset when I just don’t do anything to help out around the house. So, I do try to push myself. But it’s so hard.

:mouse: :blossom:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.