Schizophrenia.com

Do you see the beauty of the world or its ugliness

I am afraid my focus is on the ugly underside of people and that isn’t good.

anybody else here with this problem?

judy

I live a shallow life by focusing on the beauty of the people and the world and ignoring the ugliness of things. My eyes always chase the bright things and then write them up in words creating a piece of writing that is bright and elegant.

greenlife

1 Like

Sometimes there is beauty among the ugliness. Like a glint of water on a tossed away cigarette pack.

4 Likes

I remember the beauty and forget the ugliness of life. In that way I made myself happy.

2 Likes

I try to always see the beauty in the world and in life. Maybe I’m blissfully unaware of all the problems, but it works for me!

One thing that’s helped me is to not watch the national or international news. It’s so FULL of fear and negativity. We have enough of that with our illnesses–we don’t need any more.

Blessings,

Anthony

3 Likes

it’s like a funny cross between facing reality head on and making yourself aware of things while choosing to look at the positive, beauty of people in this world.

I get scared, I have to admit, that i’ll be taken for a “ride” from being naiive.

judy

I think it IS a fine line to walk. And that there IS a healthy level of fear necessary to survive.

Like with me: I go on 5 mile walks around my neighborhood. It’s beautiful and peaceful. But I’m not lulled into a sense of false security.

I carry mace and a knife with me. Even though it’s a nice area, that doesn’t mean that I won’t run into trouble.

Having paranoia is tough. You have to overcome it, but leave enough there to protect yourself.

Definitely a fine line.

Blessings,

Anthony

2 Likes

I completely agree with @radmedtech. It’s a fine line. For me, it’s also a reflection of my mood.

Bad mood?.. everything is ugly and horrid
Good mood? … there is beauty all around.

I try not to be naive about the world. But I can NOT watch the news. I can read about the news.

But reading it and hearing the anchor start yelling and flashing the most bloodiest of pictures is something I can’t take.

I do try to see the beauty in life since I’ve seen so much ugliness. I think I’ve had my fill of negative and ugly.

3 Likes

Both. I can look out the window of my sliding glass door and see down a beautiful tree-lined street. When driving around my neighborhood I can see the peaceful purple mountains off in the distance. So I appreciate those. But the paranoia that strikes me can be ugly.

2 Likes

It all depends on my mood and paranoia - I have been trying real hard to see the sunny side of life, now that my moods have improved some. Life does not have to be a completely ugly place. It all depends on my moods - this is more reason to strive towards stability

2 Likes

I try to see the beauty of the world. I’ve seen how ugly it can be and that was necessary for a while because it makes me appreciate the good in the world today.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Whiskers on Flickr

Sometimes the ugliness you see IS the beauty. :smile:

10-96

4 Likes

There is beauty in many things and many people.

2 Likes

I tend to want to turn trash into treasure.

1 Like

people are ugly in their nature…but the earth is beautiful and the creatures that exist there ( not humans ).
humans are a few chromosomes short of a full pack !?! in my opinion.
take care

2 Likes

I have always focused on the negative, but as I grow older I try to keep the positive things in life in my mind. There is good in this world and it must be cherished.

1 Like

That’s pretty much what i would say…Not all humans though…but many. Beauty is in nature, so that part of the world i enjoy, except for intense storms and biting bugs.

1 Like

I was in the mountains once by a mountain stream. I saw up ahead a rock with a huge cluster of monarchs on it. I really like monarchs. I’d never seen them in a big bunch. I went to look and saw that on the rock was a dead animal. The monarchs appeared to be feeding on maggots in the animal’s body. It did appear ugly to me. And I’ve never looked at them the same again. Not that there was a change in them.

An interesting personal experience of animals, patch. That was pretty disgusting. I don’t think the nature is 100% beautiful and the humans are 100% ugly. It just depends.

Greenlife

1 Like