Do you see a therapist?

That was my point above. I learn what the psychologists learn and apply it to myself. There are some things I don’t want to talk about to anyone, but still have questions about, I learn, understand, I problem solve. I am a big fan of CBT, have taken several courses and it helped me straighten myself out without the help of a therapist.

1 Like

Not really, I know 100% its the meds as on Abilify I didn’t have negative symptoms.

1 Like

Well they were much less.

1 Like

Thats like saying saying positive things will make you able to work. Most ppl here don’t work as they can’t.

1 Like

Like me. I can’t work either. But I still say i might be able to in the future. I’m sorry your AP is so wrong for you. I hope you can find a solution some day

1 Like

For me it’s for ANDs. Should be doing fine mentally now since they found the right medicine combo.

During Covid, a was able to receive free counselling, from a therapist. Prior to that, I couldn’t afford one. He had some good ideas on how to “break my isolation,” and I was able to talk to store clerks and cashiers more during my trips to the store, but he dismissed my experiences with workplace bullying, calling them “small picture stuff,” caused by people acting that way because of their own troubles (Yes, most people have problems, but that’s no excuse for bullying).

He told me that most people were good. I wanted to laugh in his face. I’d love to believe this but I just don’t. I think many people like to think they’re good, and they’ll say they want a world where everyone has a place in it, but if they ever have to work with someone who has a lower IQ, and makes mistakes often, then their kindness flies out the window. I’ve lost count of all the mean things people have said to me. My favourite was, “I can’t stand her. She’s such an embarrassment to the store sometimes.”

I wish I could restore my faith in people. I’ve even been insulted at a volunteer job…

1 Like

I once did the mood journal in The Feeling Good Handbook by Dr. Burns (I think that was his name), and it helped a bit. It’s considered Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. I had some distorted thoughts. What the mood journal can’t do is make my concentration better. If I’m still messing up things, I’m going to be treated like garbage by coworkers no matter how much of a Pollyanna I become.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.