Do you misshear voices?

If there is a voice coming from another room (person being out of sight), I will think it’s someone else saying something else - to suit myself. It really is rude of me - borders on dreaming but I can’t seem to muster up the mental muscle to hear it straight.

1 Like

yeah happens all the time here… even face to face… then the song that I’m listening to ends and for a second I get to see that it is just their TV blaring or something similar…

SZ is a pain. Noise enters the mind-space and get interpreted to suit whatever the SZ wants us to believe. Sad part is that during psychosis we believed whatever situation that should be to be the case… and having psychosis and looking out at the normal world and non-sz people… it just seems creepily drab and unfull of life… that is in comparison to the insanity and self-relevance and pace of psychosis…

I miss the simplicity they have… I can’t even imagine it any more… and when I do for a brief instant my mind rejects it and it fades away.

1 Like

I sometimes mishear what someone says to me. Either ill hear something different comoletely or just think they mean something different than they had intended. Its usually a more negative interpretation too…

1 Like

yeah sucks…
-a0000z0111

1 Like

Sometimes when people talk to me it’s like I temporarily lose the ability to understand English? And I miss everything they say.

I don’t wrongly interpret words though so much as facial expressions. If I’m in an episode everyone just looks meaner.

1 Like

That used to happen when i wasn’t taking meds

1 Like