Does anyone else mishear conversations?

Like…people could be talking about everday things but it’s somehow all about you. They’re talking about how you’re going to be killed. Stuff like that…it happened to me constantly during my psychosis. Doesn’t happen often anymore. But when it happens it’s trippy.

1 Like

Lately it seems everyone is talking about kittens everywhere I go. I was at the grocery store and I heard some lady yell something about kittens. But it could have been something else she said. I also saw construction equipment called “cat” and something on the radio about kittens. I swear my whole life is about kittens ever since I got Don Juan.

4 Likes

That’s kinda funny actually.

1 Like

@lostinthespace change your caption please

Nahhhh. It’s from assassin’s creed.

1 Like

please @Rhubot @Moonbeam please change his caption,
it’s anarchistic, it’s very bad

yeah I had that and still sometimes think like that. I only distract myself

1 Like

It’s so wierd. Then sometimes it’ll give me deja vu.

2 Likes

During my psychosis yes. Everywhere I went , if I heard one word… I’d connect it to being about me in some way… not nesessarily always negative but was rather annoying.

3 Likes

The other day as I was leaving day treatment I thought I heard a girl say, “I don’t like the way he walks”. I have no idea if it was real or if it was my imagination.

1 Like

I be had that too where I thought the words I heard people speak on the street were comments about me and usually negative

3 Likes

Occasionally. A few days ago, I was watching TV and repeating the following quote in my head: “Dexedrine artificially stimulates your metabolism through epinephrine,” - and someone on TV said “Cocaine artificially boosts dopamine levels.”

3 Likes

I had a mix of both I’d say. I was working when I had psychosis. I used to think my colleagues thought I was so clever with empathetic powers they were going to trAin me to be a consultant. Certain objects being in the place like a parcel led me to believe they were books for me.

2 Likes

Worked in a hospital.

Yes, it’s so embarrassing, too. When you say the wrong thing, because you think they said something else…

1 Like

I was working too for maybe 2-3 months with those symptoms before it got worse.

1 Like