Do you like where you live?

Why? Why not? Where would you rather live?

I kind of dislike living on a farm/small town…
I do feel safer here and there’s more privacy… but also, I am tired of helping maintain the farm… and the weather here sucks sometimes, raining almost everyday, mud everywhere…

The grass is always greener on the other side- but I think I’d like to live in Utah. I have never been there lol but that might be a good thing cause there will be lots to explore… or maybe Florida… I’ve been there once and I kind of miss it.

5 Likes

At first I said I wanted to live in the countryside, then we went on a staycation in a countryside and I decided I like London. The transport is just better and easier to get around London overall…

4 Likes

when i was starting to get sick i thought i was unhappy because of where i lived. I then left the country to go abroad several places for like a year until i found out later when i had gotten back that it was not the place that made me unhappy but it was because i was loosing it.

i like living in belgium now… i don’t go out much though so it doesn’t really matter where i live i guess =p

i live in a small town and i like it there… not too many people on the streets.

5 Likes

I live in a suburban area. I like it here, good neighbors, except that our house is small for us, we’re 5 ppl used to be 6 with my grandmother. My parents are thinking about buying a triplex, living in two houses and renting the 3rd one.

5 Likes

I love where I live. My only problem is that once my parents die I won’t be able to afford to live here. House upkeep, taxes, insurance, etc…

I will either have to sell the house and move to a different town with much cheaper houses and live off the money I make from the sale, or take out a reverse home mortgage on this house so I can afford to live here.

I haven’t decided which yet. I’m thinking I will move to a different town. I already did the research and my house is worth about $1.4 million, some smaller houses 2 towns away are around $400,000. So I could move with a million in the bank to live with until I die. A reverse home mortgage wouldn’t provide me with that much, I’ve seen the commercials and they say up to 55% of your homes value which would be around $750,000, not bad, but not as much as selling and moving.

5 Likes

Yes. I live in a good neighborhood, and the city is big enough that it has everything that we want/need. I will likely stay here after my parents die. I should be able to afford it by then between what I already have saved and the amount I will be able to save living with my parents in the meantime.

4 Likes

I have no ambition to move. I live in a house with many other shizophrenics. But to be my own man I should move and live alone again at some point.

3 Likes

I love my apartment and my street, but not so much my area. I live in Wilmington, DE, USA, “Murder Town”, on my street there’s drug dealers on both corners of my block and gun violence is not uncommon. Anyway, my neighbors are great, everybody looks out for each other, my building is great, only 2 apts and full basement, so yeah I like where I live, circumstances notwithstanding.

"It’s a place where just walking to the shops is potentially fatal, where your kids get shot dead playing in the street and where high school students attend funeral after funeral of classmates.

It’s Wilmington, Delaware, President Joe Biden’s home city, where six teenagers were among those gunned down in June, including a 14-year-old boy shot dead while riding his bike."

1 Like

I don’t mind small towns, I can’t do crowding. I don’t like the Canadian province I’m living in, however. It’s full of people who politically are well to the right of me, who have little regard for the environment, and who are generally proud of the number of books they HAVEN’T read. I’d like to relocate to the east coast and live on one of the islands.

5 Likes

I like where I live currently which is in the city. I’ve been living at the same address for over 30 years. The price assessment of the real estate property has increased drastically over the decades. I would most likely inherit the house and afford the upkeep which is similar to many other forum members situation. If I had the choice, I would like to raise a family where I live in this potentially multi-generation home.

4 Likes

I like where I live

Probably won’t ever move out of my hometown

Don’t have friends here but I am used to the environment

3 Likes

Typo mistake 0000000

I live in a high crime neighborhood. I’d like to move to a better neighborhood, but can’t afford it.

4 Likes

The best thing about where I live is definitely public transport links.

Since I don’t drive and hate waiting for public transport, this is currently very important to me.

Oh and I get free travel.

4 Likes

I used to live in Indiana then moved out to Washington state. Indiana summers were way too hot for me and I didn’t much like the people. I like Washington way better in almost every respect. I do miss the Indiana winters and thunderstorms though… I’m looking to move out to Sweden next. I’m hoping that move will be just as much of an upgrade. :grin:

3 Likes

I grew up in Orange County CA - Hated it. Giant suburban culture. Homes look all the same.Strip malls.

Moved to Los Angeles at 18. Liked it. Great opportunity for work. Big city feel. Flakey people

Moved to San Francisco at 25. Loved it. Great for work in design field. European vibe. Very cool people back in the day.

Moved to St. Louis at 32. Liked it. Big culture shock. Good experience.

Moved back to Orange County at 42 - It’s Meh - not liking it. But don’t hate it as much. Basically this will be my final home. Back where I came from.

4 Likes

Why not live in the place that you loved?

3 Likes

@EverDream Due to no longer working and my SZ, my husband wants us to live near family who he feels is helping as a support system for him. He needs to see our niece and nephews and my sister. My social isolation is a problem and this helps him. So this is a compromise for me to live here.

5 Likes

I love my little spot in the country. It’s taken me a long time to get here. Lots of space, very quiet, but no farm work LOL

2 Likes

I like where I live. It’s a low crime neighborhood and a 10 minutes walk to everything: a shoppingmall , a subway station and two bus stations, lots of restaurants including McDonalds, KFC and Pizzahut, and a big park for excercise. Most shops here open from 9am-9pm. So you can do window shopping at anytime.

2 Likes