Do you like the movie, "The Matrix"

I really liked the whole trilogy. I even got delusional, and I thought I was the one. Just like in the movie of The Matrix.

1 Like

I have seen the trilogy but have vague memories of it, its been a long time.

1 Like

I loved the first one, the second 2 kinda sucked.

3 Likes

It use to be one of my favorite movies.

How to do a reality check after that one

I missed the chance to see the HD version at the cinema on its 20th Anniversary

It’s ■■■■■■■ scary that the first came out in 1999

2 Likes

I liked all three.

I like the first one. The special effects and choreography were pretty ahead of it’s time.

I once saw this Kung-Fu movie that was directed by the same guy who directed the choreography and it had some badass fight scenes. I wish I could remember the title of it.

1 Like

I agree with other comments about the first one even though the “energy source” rationale for keeping the matrix going was a bit cringey.

I didn’t understand it.

The original film is great. The sequels - not so much. I feel like they just realised people would come to see sequels, so they made it into a franchise without really trying to make a good story. But the original is great.

1 Like

in hindsight it is pretty boring and very limited its also very depressing, the only cool thing about it was maybe when he dodge those bullets but that wasnt even that cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very triggering for me.

1 Like

I didn’t understand the movie either.

1 Like

I had to watch the first one at least three times to understand what was going on. I like all three.

Red pill or the blue pill? Hmmm!

1 Like

Ey Skunky, I survived The Green Inferno!

:joy:

1 Like

Great films, just a shame the Wachowski bros turned into sis xD

And then they tried to lie the film had allegories for sex change

(No offence to anyone with gender dysphoria)

Edit: Even Stewie on Family Guy made a joke about that

1 Like

Matrix had me thinking like the machines were like industrial capital and the humans being enslaved were like having false consciousness then the humans escape and take control of their own machines once they achieve consciousness of their oppression.

1 Like

Ya it was great, but nothing to write home about.

1 Like

The first one was awesome. Keanu Reeves is the last person in the world I would have thought of for that role, but he knocked it out of the park

3 Likes