Do you like classical music?

I just discovered a classical station on my radio and I’m ecstatic!

Classical music really stimulates my brain, yet also relaxes me.

After spending nearly a week watching Pier Pasolini films and now listening to classical music I feel like I’m eating at the high culture buffet haha!

11 Likes

lol i used to love classical music especially chopin and debussy but lately i feel like ive listened to all the good classical and prefer modern. Idk sometimes too much violin can give me a headache lol. Who could hate on classical music though? Its the GOAT

2 Likes

Heck yeah brotha! I’m just burned out on all the pop and rock stations for now. I can only handle so much Weekend and Guns n Roses lol!

2 Likes

lol yea i hear you broski, i like to escape to classical music as well. btw have you ever seen a live orchestra? Wondering if its any better because of the accoustics. The reason im hating on classical is because i think it sounds too harsh or sharp coming through my headphones…maybe its just me lol but i bet in a big collesium the high end would be dulled which i imagine would sound great

2 Likes

I have actually! My sister was in band in high school and I went to all of her concerts. She was amazing!

2 Likes

I listen to classical music on radio station KDFC.

2 Likes

I like the four seasons :violin:

2 Likes

There are a few compositions I’ve liked but generally speaking I don’t listen to classical music.

1 Like

I like Celtic music better than classical Enya is my favorite Celtic music singer and I like Lindsay Sterling She’s an American Violinist who is absolutely amazing!

3 Likes

I love Celtic music. I used to have a soundtrack to an Irish film titled “Cal.” It was amazing.

2 Likes

@Montezuma I don’t have CDs I just have Pandora and it’s fun for me to have a mix of stuff I know and new stuff

2 Likes

Lots of them on Tune-In. I listen to a few.

3 Likes

Right on man. If I had a computer I would check that site out. I’m in love with my local classical station. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lots of apps available for phones and tablets. Look into Tune-In, Repla.io, MyRadioBox, etc.

3 Likes

I haven’t listened to enough of it to say.

1 Like

Totally. If you like Pasolini opera should be next. If you’ve watched Medea I’m sure you’ll catch my drift.

2 Likes

yes I do like it, always have. just depends upon my mood.

I love marching bands too.

Enjoy! is it on NPR? that’s where I catch it, after the news.

2 Likes

I like some. Structure is really important to me and there are plenty of pieces that are far too longwinded and complicated for my tastes.

Liebestraum is one of favorite pieces.
Bach also has plenty of pieces that are nice.

2 Likes

I have a ton of Enya on my Liked playlist on Spotify.

3 Likes

That sounds like a good idea. I am going to have to try it!

3 Likes