Do you know of a way to get rid of voices and intrusive thoughts without medications?

Do you know of a way to get rid of voices and intrusive thoughts without medications?

Imagine that you are putting the voices and thoughts in a room and shut the door on them.

A therapist helped me a lot with my obsessive/intrusive thoughts using CBT.

5 Likes

I’m having success resolving my voices with Niacin and Niacinamide megadoses. They are shown to treat traumatic brain injury, and also have antipsychotic properties by increasing the amount of kynurenine 3-monooxygenase produced in the brain, which prevents kynurenic acid from being formed, which is the compound currently theorized to cause schizophrenic symptoms, as an NMDA antagonist.

I took 6-8 grams Niacin a day and 3 grams Niacinamide a day, split into 3 doses, for 4 months, after which my voices were 99% resolved. I now only take 2 grams Niacin as needed, when I hear faint whispers, and still continue to take the 3 grams Niacinamide.

This regimen has allowed me to drop my 12 mg Paliperidone dose to just 3 mg, and I only need it as a sleep aid, as I don’t hear voices without Paliperidone anymore.

Strongly recommend a doctor’s approval before tapering down antipsychotics though.

3 Likes

Yes, by knowing that those voices are your brain

1 Like

Maybe if you never bother anyone like you become like a statue figuratevly speaking.

I don’t even know how to get rid of them WITH medicine honestly

4 Likes

Nope. Tried everything over a quarter century. CBT helps me cope with what are leftover from the meds, but I need the meds to reduce them.

1 Like

For me the less I talk back to them the less they speak.

1 Like

I was taking the other approach and challenging these ‘thoughts’. I think it’s ok doing it, but it can be tiresome. I might try what you suggest. The trouble is they have now become a functional part of my memory.

Things like ‘you haven’t taken your pills you ■■■■’ helps me remember random stuff.

some people have gotten relief with binary beats

you can find it on you tube, but you need to wear
the big earphones, completely covering your ears.

At least you could surf the net and be online in peace
while you listen to it.
Personally I’ve never tried it. I take meds.

Thank you! Mr Genius!

1 Like

when I could do vigourous excersize daily it helped.

Vigourous excersize also drained me of energy for other things I have to do so I cant do daily like I wish.

2 Likes

Hi Chess24,
Maybe do something you enjoy, mine is working out, eating good food, shopping, going to church.

my therapist tells me to…
acknowledge them.
listen to them.
and don’t give in to what they say.
the most uncomfortable part is sitting there with such noises in your head.
but the more you try to shut them down, the louder they can become.

Excellent reply. :slight_smile: Wow. That’s true.

A friend came over to be with Rosa. “I thought that being next to me might hurt her for some reason - it was the whole idea of exchanging energy with people.”

Rosa was in a state of psychosis, which means she was out of touch with reality.

“I remember being in the backyard and someone next door was digging in a post and my mind twisted it around and they were digging a grave for me.”

In that state, Rosa didn’t question anything. “Whatever my head came up with I accepted. I started to imagine that I would materialise in another world, or something like that.”

She was practicing being external energy for so long that her brain just simply began to act as though it was external energy. Another case of how pretending for a long time to be in touch with things that one cannot be in touch with via the mind can turn into a split mind or bicameral mind. Without anything resembling the Trivium they’ll always lose control because they simply cannot define what is pretend from what is true and/or the self rendered by the brain any more.

Yeap. I do it.

I’ve tried that before, and it didn’t work. I still have this urge to say to myself that I know all my triggers, and I know when my emotions are getting out of hand, and I just won’t do the crazy things I did when I was off my med’s in the past. That’s never worked for me.