Do you have credit card?

I am going to have one for the first time in my life !!!
I ll use it to borrow money when i need in stead of borrowing from mother or brother
Who may bother from that

3 Likes

I dont have credit card … i own a pending atm card… Holy cow…!!!

2 Likes

A debit card is good enough. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I have about 5 of them. One will get a work out this next month while I am traveling.

1 Like

Yes, I have a credit card. super convenient. I only need to get him past the ATM. and it is automatically debited.

I got one to improve my credit score. I make sure to pay it off every month, though, so I don’t go into debt.

1 Like

I have a cheap stored-value card to buy things from amazon and steam, very handy.

2 Likes

Is that gift card or prepaid card?

1 Like

More like a prepaid card…

1 Like

I have a store chain credit card. I have to pay all that i owe in the end of the month every month.

1 Like

I have a credit card but tend to use my debit card more. It’s easier to keep a check on how much you’ve spent with a debit card. I pay off my CC each month by direct debit. I am not owing thousands on it.

3 Likes

I have two or three credit cards. But I only use a couple. I try to keep the balances paid off in full each month. That’s the only way to do it.

It’s good to have a credit card for emergencies like if your car breaks down far from home and you don’t have cash for a tow truck, you can put it on your card. Or if a water pipe breaks in your house and starts flooding the kitchen but you have no cash to hire a plumber, a card is really helpful in those cases.

But @wayward is absolutely right. It’s why half of America is in debt. Psychologically, using credit cards warps your mind because you use it more and more and it’s almost like your mind is telling you that the items you buy are free. It’s easy to forget that you have to pay for what you buy with a card sooner or later.

It’s way too easy to run up credit cards. Everybody who gets their first credit card tells themselves they won’t run it up but most people do anyways. By the way, I don’t want to rain on your parade but if you get cash advances from credit cards the interest rate for cash is way higher than the normal rate for other purchases. For example you can be paying 10% interest on purchases from stores or businesses but if you get a cash advance from your card you could be paying 17 or 18% interest.

Yeah, all this is common knowledge, everybody on earth knows these things but smarter and more responsible people than you and me have put themselves and their families in hopeless debt from using credit cards.

If you feel you absolutely have to have a card, at least do a little research first and find a card with a 0% interest on purchase for a year or 15 months. Or similar deals. You can easily find websites that compare cards and help you find the best one for your needs.

Try to find one with no annual fee too. Some credit card companies can charge you anywhere from $75 a year to $200 a year, but you can find some with no annual fee.

2 Likes

I do have an atm, credit card, and cash.

I have 4 credit cards and $15,000 CAD in debt. Watch out, it’s not free money.

I have 2 that are almost maxed out.

Can you transfer all or at least some of your debt onto a card with a lower interest rate? Many cards are out there that have an introductory APR for 0% interest on balance transfers for a year or 15 months or more. Some cards offer 0% interest on purchases for 12 months or more. Some cards have both offers for one card.

1 Like

I have a debit card and a master card lol, luckily they don’t charge me anything for the master card but i don’t use it much anyway :slight_smile:

I have 4 different accounts open though :wink: lol

No. Use a debit card …much safer unless you have discipline!

2 Likes

I have two debit cards. The “American Express Serve Card” is really great. They only charge one dollar a month in fees, and I also have unlimited downloads and uploads absolutely free. The only problem with the American Express card is that sometimes I come across a site that doesn’t take American Express. That doesn’t happen very often, though. I also have a Visa debit card, which covers this problem. It came with a checking account I set up. I don’t even bother with the checks. I use the card to pay for everything.

1 Like