Having no credit history

Trying to build up credit, even though I don’t really need it at the current time, just in case I do in the future.

All my bad credit issues from when I was psychotic are no longer on credit, so I figured this was a good time to do so.

After 2 declines on new credit card applications due to no credit history, I decided to just go with a card where I have to provide them money equal to my credit line. It seems like the easiest way to get this done.

It seems kind of silly though. I am paying them 500 dollars to allow me to borrow the said amount back so that I can pay them back whatever I borrow off my own money! Basically, I am lending them money to increase my credit score.

The whole idea is bizarre to me. But whatever.

1 Like

What would have been really pathetic, is if they would have declined my offer to loan them money. lol.

I had no credit and a bank manager gave me a credit card with a little bit of credit and when I paid that for awhile I got a better credit card. I would talk to a bank manager.

Too late now. I already authorized the transfer of money on card. This should work. its just annoying.

Whats screwy is they will charge me interest on paying back my own money if I dont pay it back before the due date every month. HAHA.

1 Like

I’m on a different continent but I also got declined a credit card once because I’m on disability.

Now I have a credit card with my long standing bank. They know me and my family and it’s not an issue that I don’t work.

1 Like

I started my credit off slowly by getting a couple of department store credit cards. They’re generally easy to get with a decent credit line of a $1000 or $2000. I got my first credit card when I worked at Target and my next one when I worked at Kohl’s. Then I graduated to a regular Visa and Mastercard.

2 Likes

I had good credit. Moved to no credit and returned to bad credit. As I don’t really have too much in the way of coinage I think my credit is pretty low although I did pay off a serious credit card debt years ago.

It’s a good thing to do for sure in the modern world but I just exist in this pension bubble over here. Being stuck on a fixed income on the pension just doesn’t lend to credit. I do use afterpay a bit online though and having some is a handy thing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.