Do you hangout with your parents?

I used to but then my parents told me to hangout with my friends. Thing is I dont like much my current friends, I want my pre sz friends back, they were perfect. I lost my best friend that I knew from 10y.o. to 26y.o. bcz I stopped meds and went psychotic.

1 Like

I do still hang out with my parents. I’m 38.

2 Likes

I dont hangout with my parents anymore but rarely I hangout with my current friends which I dont like much. I feel like I am more mature than them eventhough they’re the same age as me.

Both my mom and dad are dead now, so I’m not hanging out with them anymore. I did until my mom died in 2018 though.

4 Likes

@rocket @anon54988740

They used to hangout with me at the beginning of my sz, they even brought me to Cuba resort twice but after sometime they stopped caring much about me and told me to find friends and hangout with my own friends. They thought I would get better and go back to study and work if they took more care of me, they thought I was depressed but I wasnt. Now that they saw that I am not improving and staying in bed lots of time they care less about me.

I told them many time I want to travel but they dont want to go with me, they went to Mexico and left me alone in our house for 2 weeks.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that @Aziz. My mom frequently left me alone in her house when she traveled. My job was to take care of her pets while she was gone.

2 Likes

I still hang out with my parents…usually over there everyday for supper. But I had to move out, couldn’t be around their bs 24/7 and they don’t come over to my place…I don’t want them running my life here too.

1 Like

I haven’t had parents in ages. In an alternate universe, my father would never have been bipolar and wouldn’t have killed himself. We used to go fishing and play sports and such before he got really sick. I’d like to just play catch with him again or sit on a boat in the Atlantic and fish, smoke a cigar with him, and bull$hit about life. It’s a nice fantasy. Maybe in some parallel universe or something that’s actually happening.

4 Likes

Sorry about your father.

1 Like

Thanks dude. $hit happens. Maybe I lost mine so some other kid could have his. Who knows? At least I have some positive memories of him. Some folks (many?) never get that chance.

2 Likes

I have a lot of friends. It’s good to think of most people you meet as your friends.

1 Like

I don’t really “hang out” with my parents. We don’t really do any activities together besides eating sometimes but they are almost always in the same house I’m in so…

3 Likes

I live with my parents too but my mother works full time and when she is home she just watches tv. I interact much more with my father.

2 Likes

I don’t live close enough to them to hang out. I saw my dad a couple weeks ago and it was nice. I saw my mom last week while she visited from out of state. It was nice

1 Like

I tried hanging out with my mom once, but I guess it creeps folks out when you loiter in a cemetery.

2 Likes

I mountain bike with my dad and I do dinners and walks with my mom

2 Likes

I was hanging out with my dad in my late twenties until he moved two hundred miles away. Then I would often take the train to visit him and my step-mom. He died about 12 years ago though.
I used to drive over and visit my mom and my step-dad about once a week until I was in my late forties. Then they moved away too and I didn’t see her much after that but I talked to her on the phone often. She passed away in 2015.

I liked being around them, we got along great.

2 Likes

I still live with dad now. Mum passed a couple of years ago and I owe them heaps so I help pay the bills and look out for the old man. I like my life and it’s not bad.

5 Likes

I’m hanging out with my mom this evening. She prepared a nice dinner and we’re now watching a program on PBS. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

my dad owns his own business and i work with him and live at his shop. tbh its the only job i have ever been able to keep because i cant quit it lol. we go biking every weekend too, and were going hiking this weekend. i still see my mom too and occassionally go to her house and stay the night, but we dont do much together

1 Like