Do you feel worthy?

Sometimes I don’t realize that I actually believe something because I’m always telling myself that I don’t.

It sort of caught me off guard today that I actually do think I’m inferior for having some mental differences/disabilities/challenges or whatever you want to call them.

Like I’m less worthy.

It’s a pretty shitty place to live in mentally.

I wish I could just chase those thoughts away.

Edit: Cool, we can say shitty. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

When you say you’re less worthy, are you comparing yourself to particular people?

5 Likes

I feel the same but I acknowledge that I can still be happy and live a good life even with these issues.

4 Likes

I am probably worth less than my brothers since they are much more successful than me. But I don’t focus on that and I just live my life the best I can.

5 Likes

Yes. Mostly neighbors and co-workers.

2 Likes

@crimby has a good saying :

“Don’t compare your inside to other people’s outsides”

But comparisons are just asking for trouble anyway.

In my opinion life is just one big game of rock paper scissors. There’s always someone better than you at something, and someone worse than you at something else.

6 Likes

My therapist says this to me all the time, and it really has helped me to remember it when I get caught up in these thoughts.

Thank you for the reminder. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I often feel unworthy.

2 Likes

aww @anon1517417 @CoCo please know how precious you are to those that love you !! you’re both beautiful women with a lot to offer someone…don’t beat on yourself…love the little things about yourself.

3 Likes

Thanks @jukebox

2 Likes

of course I’m worthy.

1 Like

Yeah, I discovered the “shitty” loophole ages ago.

2 Likes

On a bad day, I’m like this all day.

1 Like

@crimby says that too? I thought I was the only one who said that.
Anyways, it’s an old AA adage.

3 Likes

I don’t but others do.

Other people have hierarchy and think I’m the lowest and on the bottom and they think they are my superiors.

I don’t believe that.

I believe we are equal and I don’t believe in hierarchy for me.

If others want to do that fine but leave me out of it.

This is one of the reasons I avoid people.

They suppress me and think I’m everyones bi tch.

This is something that has made me avoid people and feel awful and uncomfortable around them.

I can’t be the only one in the world who doesn’t believe this stuff but I feel like I’m the only one and it makes me feel lonely.

I am worthy of the best.
I believe that but others don’t.

They are also jealous because i have good things.

1 Like

I think people who try to make people feel unworthy are unworthy. I think they try to brainwash people, steal their ability to live independently, just for selfish petty reasons.

2 Likes

A lot of the time- no If there was a score card of pluses and minuses there’d be more minuses.

1 Like

No…I don’t feel worthy.

2 Likes

I generally don’t compare myself to others, that’s a great way to be miserable all the time. I try to improve on what I’ve done before, or how I’m doing the day before. That keeps it manageable.

5 Likes

I don’t feel worthy.

1 Like