Do you feel stupid and dumb

All on this forum would probably beat me at that.

2 Likes

i think negative hallucinations and delusions (ones that insult us) are so damaging to our confidence that its common to have low self esteem with SZ and sza. My voices often tell me im worthless and dumb but i know its not true. it hurts to hear it tho and sometimes i wonder… i know its not true though im as smart as anyone else

1 Like

I feel like a failure compared to my parents too. I failed in my nursing career, ultimately losing my license to practice because of my sza, many years ago. That was before the ADA.

By comparison, my father was a career commissioned officer in the US Army. He was a sharpshooter in the elite forces in Vietnam. He ultimately received a medal for bravery 30 years after the war. He said it was 30 years too late.

My mother was a top notch mother, wife and homemaker. Then, she got her degree and went to work as a social worker for the state, ultimately becoming a supervisor. She retired after 24 years of exemplary service.

4 Likes

Yeah, pretty much all the time. Voices tell me that, too. I’m just sitting here and wasting years of life, because I have no interest anymore in anything really. Everybody else from my family is independent and has a life. Like I would not care about my life anymore.

Uh, what do you mean?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.