Do you ever do bad things on purpose?

Even when you know you are in the wrong do you ever go ahead and do it anyway? Do you ever just make that wrong choice and suffer the potential consequences or hope you get away with it? Do you ever plan to do something wrong or plot to do something wrong in the hopes to get away with it? What kind of person does something wrong on purpose? If I had a plan to do something I knew wasn’t the right thing to do and I was systematically and methodically carrying out this plan in a calm and calculated way over a period of time what kind of person does that make me? Does that make me a sociopath to some degree?

I dropped out of school to try to play FPS games for a living. I knew it was wrong but I did it because it felt good. Stupid kid logic.

2 Likes

That was a momentary decision and then you went on with it. I’m talking about plotting to do something wrong.

Depends on what is wrong. I build unsanctioned bike trails. Not suppose to do it. But the government approval process is so ludicrous it’s pointless to even try for approval it takes years to maybe have it approved.

I was always a bit anti authority since I was a kid.

My parents said when I was a kid they’d tell me not to touch the stereo knobs or I had to go to my room.
So I’d just mess them all up and go to my room lolol

2 Likes

It was an ongoing thing. I deliberately lead my parents on with false promises to do homeschooling, when I just didn’t care about academia. I didn’t have any goals but playing FPS games.

1 Like

I slam things because I think it looks bad ass.

3 Likes

Depends on the level of wrong. I used to intentionally plan to binge drink and abuse pain pills. I wasn’t addicted, or out of control. I actively chose to do it.

I don’t think I could intentionally plan to do something that I knew would hurt someone else, though. But I know people who do. They aren’t necessarily sociopaths, just very self-centered.

2 Likes

I was self destructive on Abilify. I was blind to my addictions.

1 Like

Lol thatd be a good youtube video

“I slam things cuz it’s badass”
Slams car door, fridge, house door, drink on table,slam dunk, slamming pogs, sitting in the slammer

3 Likes

It’s pretty common for childhood trauma survivors to act this way. They grew up with nobody looking out for them, so they developed a mentality of looking out for only their own interests and no one else’s. We struggle with this with Starlet, though he has made great improvement.

But it can also happen in people with no trauma history.

3 Likes

When I was drinking I did the wrong thing regularly. When I went on a hard drunk I had no idea of what I was going to do.

1 Like

I ve been taught by certain movies to hate and be a tough guy, it all changed and i unlearned hatred.I am more loving and compassionate. Just the other day i thought its better to be nice. I learned other forms of respect than violence. I don’t go to places anymore in the first place and bring myself in a situation where i am at risk. No, i don’t do things intentionally like harm or selfharm. I think twice before i kill another organism like insects. I rather prevent by living clean, but because i don’t hurt a lion doesn’t mean he don’t want to eat me.

2 Likes

Sometimes I cut myself even though I know it’s bad.

Or I listen to music despite my husband disliking it and my religion saying it’s harmful to mind. Can’t help but like a bit of music. I listen to it secretly.

I worked up a knife collection despite my folks didn’t want me to

i did some pretty reckless things but im not sure if i consider them ‘bad’ , me and my brothers once filled up a supersoaker watergun with gasoline, lit the end on fire and then shot out like a 20ft flame down our driveway, and out onto the street. This motorbike guy slammed his brakes so we shut the garage real quick and hid inside lol.

dont leave your kids home alone folks lol

2 Likes

When I was like 6-7 y.o. I put gasoline on ants and put fire to them lol

2 Likes

lol yeah kids just dont understand the power of gasoline and fire lol

3 Likes

If you plan on doing something seriously wrong, do it, and then go on living your life without feeling regret or remorse, it would be for lack of a better word, well, terrible.

My pdoc asked me if there was anything I didn’t want to tell him. I said “no.” To which he replied “That’s an unusual answer.”

The worst thing I ever did deliberately was mess up a bathroom at burger King with toilet paper and paper towels, when I was about 11. I don’t know why. I liked the restaurant. My stepfather used to take us. Maybe he took my stereo. He used to do that.