Do you ever do bad things on purpose?

When I was in middle school I flushed the urinals over and over until they overflowed in the bathroom lol

Sure, as a kidā€¦and every day since then.

Kidding about the last part. But the first part is true. I mean most kids do rotten stuff without thinking about it or do mean stuff. I could list a couple dozen bad things I did as a kid without even trying. Or the times I was mean to someone.

I thought I was bad kid. When I asked my sister just about six months ago, she told me that I was a good kid. And I can see that.
But I can remember making a few other kids cry. Now, I hate to hurt anyoneā€™s feelings. I get mad at people around me but I end up feeling sorry for them.

1 Like

I sometimes do, yes. Not often.
When I moved to Greece, my family members threatened to fly to my apartment in Denmark from Norway and physically restrain me from moving until it would be too late and Iā€™d lose the job.
So I told them Iā€™d asked the boss for some time to think about whether or not I wanted the job, and didnā€™t tell my family Iā€™d actually signed the contract weeks ago before I was at the airport getting ready to board the flight.

I fel really bad for keeping them in the dark for a month. I still feel bad about it, and I knew full well what I did was not okay. But at that moment I felt it was the only option.

The Quakers have a rule. If there is a decision to be made by a group, it is not passed until the vote is unanimous. In a group of young Quakers, a decision had to be made, and just to be bad, one of the guys refused to vote with the rest. It was very clear that he just did it for attention. The leader worked with him very patiently until we all got disgusted with him and he backed down.

1 Like

I donā€™t think doing ā€œbadā€ things makes a person bad, necessarily.
Stealing is bad, but if the only way to feed your starving family is to shoplift a bag of bread, doing that doesnā€™t make you a bad person.

In my opinion a bad thing is something that will have a negative impact on someone else when you could easily abstain from doing so without it having any real negative consequense for you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.