Do you drive?

I drove for 35 years with a clean record. I gave up driving about a year ago. I ran a redlight + hit a car. No one was seriously hurt.

But due to the meds I’m on which can possibly affect your driving, my two brothers talked me into quitting driving, in case I might hurt someone seriously The fact of driving with psych meds can be used against you in court - as driving under the influence. I could get sued for all my money - my livelihood. So I walk, though my feet hurt.

I have been driving since I was able to drive when I was 16. Never had a problem until the SZ kicked in. Now I have voices always trying to get me to run off the road which is really distracting. However I just turn my music up real loud and try to concentrate. Living way out in the country like I do you have to drive to get anything.

I’ve been driving for 8 years. I had to stop temporarily about a month ago, when I was started on QUETIAPINE MR (Seroquel XL.)
I hated not being able to drive. Unfortunately, due to bad financial difficulties, my beloved car is up for sale now.
At the moment, I live rurally with no public transport available to the nearest city.

I have been driving for over 43 years now. I also live where there is no public transportation. So I have to drive.

From the country Ridgerunner

I’ve been in about 6 accidents in 35 years of driving. 2 were mutual. Both parties couldn’t make a claim. 4 of them I collected. My last one was a month and a half ago. A girl in my apartment complex backed into me hard. But there was no damage! So we both dropped the matter. I’ve had two cars totaled but I’ve never been hurt.

1 Like

I’ve been driving since I was 16…I’m 37 now. I never had a problem with it…even before I was on medicine I still got around ok…

I drive overnight delivering papers. It doesn’t bother me because there’s hardly anyone else on the road overnight. I do my shopping at the 24 hour grocery stores on the way home from work. I only drive in the daytime a few times a year. Breaking down doesn’t bother me, because other paper carriers almost always help.

I’ve been driving almost a year now. I’m 24, so it took me longer to build confidence. I took the driving test a bunch of times, but as soon as I got on ADHD meds I passed. I’m now on Strattera, it might not be as effective as other stimulants but they lose their effectiveness over time. Oh I love driving. It’s relaxing. When I don’t feel as alert I’ve had my boyfriend drive. I’ve drove in NYC (six hours away) and DC(one hour from home) to help learn. I do not like DC traffic, it was almost worse than NYC. I clocked driving out of the tunnel after dark to avoid traffic. In DC my GPS led me to a road that was a dead end and turned into construction. That was scary because there were no gates. And it’s always busy. I drove in DC traffic after I was taken off my ADHD meds, and it was harder. Oh and my GPS died at one point after NYC so I had to guess my way home. I don’t know how I managed to find my way back, I just kept going left from York PA until I hit Frederick MD and found my way home.

i have had lessons like 60 of them. yet i am way too chaotic/hectic too drive.
and besides i stepped on the gas automaticly when approuching an pedestrian crossover…
thats not good.

i do drive and if i were to go nuts at the wheel and die well that wouldn’t be so bad…life sucks…

That’s funny!..