Do you drink a ton of water?

I drink a lot of water. A LOT. Does anyone else have this habit here? I don’t know why I do it, why I like it so much? A counselor told me once it soothed me, I don’t even know if this is true and I’ve wondered for ages. I like other beverages but I like water the best, straight from the tap with a lot of ice. My meds do make me dry but it doesn’t account for the amount I drink. My general doctor told me it’s fine, just don’t drink any more than I am.

2 Likes

I drink a lot of water too. But I think I drink so much because of how dry my mouth gets within minutes of having a few sips.

1 Like

I don’t drink as much water as I should. I drink mostly juice.

I think drinking a lot of water is good for you. It also tends to curb your appetite.

2 Likes

Water is also my favorite beverage. I usually don’t drink enough. You’ll mostly find me with caffeinated drinks.

1 Like

I have been having flavored 0 calories water lately, its those infusion bags you put in cold water and they kinda dissolve. I received them as a sample for free in the mail. I replace my juice intake with them as they are 0 calories. I am thinking about buying more to lose weight.

The flavor I got is mango with passion fruit, its good.

My grandpa used to drink a lot of flavored water. I like the peach and cherry flavors. They’re real cheap at Walmart. I think last time I looked they were 50 cents.

1 Like

I drink a lot of water. My mouth is almost always dry and I hate feeling thirsty.

I try too but I pee way more. I’ve been trying to do the fitbit thing daily but it’s just too much even living in a hot climate. I just need to drink less water for my body I guess which sux because I’ve been trying to drink way more to ease that hunger.

When I get anxious or agitated my mouth gets really dry and I drink a lot more.

1 Like

I love water, I drink mostly water through the day, I was drinking a gallon a day but that was too much.

A ton of:

Coffee
Sparkling water
Plain water

Primary polydipsia[edit]

Main article: Primary polydipsia

Primary polydipsia describes excessive thirst and water intake caused in the absence of physiological stimuli to drink. This includes both psychogenic primary polydipsia and non-psychogenic primary polydipsia, such as in patients with autoimmune chronic hepatitis with severely elevated globulin levels.[4]

Psychogenic polydipsia is an excessive water intake[1] seen in some patients with mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, and/or the developmentally disabled. It should be taken very seriously, as the amount of water ingested exceeds the amount that can be excreted by the kidneys,[1] and can on rare occasions be life-threatening as the body’s serum sodium level is diluted to an extent that seizures and cardiac arrest can occur.

While psychogenic polydipsia is generally not found outside the population of serious mental disorders, there is some anecdotal evidence of a milder form (typically called ‘habit polydipsia’ or ‘habit drinking’) that can be found in the absence of psychosis or other mental conditions. The excessive levels of fluid intake may result in a false diagnosis of diabetes insipidus, since the chronic ingestion of excessive water can produce diagnostic results that closely mimic those of mild diabetes insipidus. As discussed in the entry on diabetes insipidus, “Habit drinking (in its severest form termed psychogenic polydipsia) is the most common imitator of diabetes insipidus at all ages. While many adult cases in the medical literature are associated with mental disorders, most patients with habit polydipsia have no other detectable disease. The distinction is made during the water deprivation test, as some degree of urinary concentration above isosmolar is usually obtained before the patient becomes dehydrated.” However, prior to a water deprivation test, consideration should be given to a psychiatric consult to see whether it is possible to rule out psychogenic polydipsia or habit polydipsia.

1 Like

I’m drinking lots of filtered ice water lately.
It soothes me also.

I drink bottled water.

1 Like

I drink lots of water cuz benztropine works best with a full bladder.

:ok_hand:

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.