Do you consider it dangerous to share your delusions

I’m worried that if I share a delusion with people that they may try to manipulate me by playing along with it in an attempt to send me further into madness. Fortunately, my medication (risperidone 12mg) allows me some insight into what might be delusion and what is reality but I’m still not sure.

3 Likes

My medication gives me some kind of insight but I am not sure either

1 Like

I think it’s best to not share delusions with others. But I know first hand it can be hard to be quiet when u’re having an episod.

If you’re sharing it to help with insight I feel that’s helpful. Cause sometimes writing/saying it out loud helps me with insight

1 Like

Delusions can be contagious.
I know it first hand.
When I read about aliens, surveillance etc., I get triggered

No. If someone don’t have enough all be more than happy to lend a few.

I told people my delusions before. It ended up with me being put in a hospital.

The people in my personal life don’t know the details of my “delusions”. My best friend knows some …the few times I’ve been verbal about my thought process it makes things 10x worse.

Like if I was to accuse someone of tricking me or reading my mind etc, their (inevitable?) denial would further my suspicions and then it’s all over from there.

So yeah, blatantly and/or strongly accusing someone of something just sends me into full psychotic episodes

1 Like

Do you consider it dangerous to share your delusions

Yes, absolutely.

But sharing it partially have helped me to observe it more clearly, since I was putting it in front of me to see for myself. I only say what’s needed, and selective people only, pdoc, soc worker, etc. Even those people are dangerous. I wish there would be an easier way.

I’ve only shared my delusions a couple times with professionals and they were openly skeptical of my beliefs so I just don’t bother to share them anymore.

1 Like

I actually think I can say it normally here or on internet
but after that I feel regret, sad, scared that people will judge or think I’m crazy
6fc38fb0a17ca6fa8cc70b285c2f259a7b51272e851281900bbfbe58f13c35c2

1 Like

I dont mind sharing them online since i can just ghost if ■■■■ starts getting weird.

irl? naw, just with my family do i share some of them, mostly when im mid episode. With friends? never ever, just not worth explaining it. With my psychiatrist? rarely anymore, he just ups my meds if i do or says to get the injection lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.