Do you believe those stories that diabetes is reversible

I’ve also heard that diabetes causes fatigue because sugar is harder to get into cells so lacking energy even though sugar is in blood itself.

So then you may end up eating more and getting more overwheight. Viscous cycle since overweight worsens diabetes.

I’ve heard of people who have claimed they have reversed diabetes by losing tonnes of weight. How tf did they do it if they feel more like eating to counteract the fatigue.
And is it true that diabetes can be reversed

Just some thoughts…

I’ll look to see if there’s any good journals

1 Like

Non-insulin dependent diabetes symptoms can be regulated through diet, weight-control, and in some cases medication.It’s possible for some to attain remission of symptoms so long as they behave. With insulin dependent diabetes, once your pancreas is fecked-up, there’s no coming back unless they try one of those experimental treatments on you. They work for some, but not all.

2 Likes

LS! I just reversed my diabetes. I lost 25 kilo with intermittent fasting and now my weight is 135 kilo (300lbs). For more than a year I exercised daily and my blood pressure went from 160/100 down to 120/75. I was on Metformin twice daily 500 milligrams, but now only once daily and in two months I will try without Metformin. My HbA1C was once 60 but is now 41. My age is 61. So it is possible to reverse diabetes type two. Good Luck!

1 Like

Congratulations agentmulderfbi.
Nice going :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know about reversing it, but there are people posting all the time on one of my Whole30 groups that they went from having type 2 to having a healthy A1C and not needing meds, just controlling with staying compliant. 🤷

1 Like

My brother reversed his diabetes with diet and exercise.

1 Like

Diabetes is manageable but it can’t be cured permanently.
Diet and exercise helps.

1 Like

No. But I guess it’s nice to believe it’s possible.

1 Like

I dunno. My AC1 levels were recently found to be in the diabetic range but all my doctor instructed me to do was watch my diet and get more exercise… :confused:

1 Like

If you’re taking abilify, which you are, then There’s a good chance it could raise your blood sugar levels. Get blood tests regularly. Like every year.

It raised mine and now I have to take metformin for it.

1 Like

Yes, type 2 diabetes CAN be reversed by going on a diet and losing weight.

1 Like

Yes, it helps but it isn’t everything and sometimes skinny people have diabetes.

1 Like

You should check out “The Magic Pill” on Netflix. It talks about diet in relation to health (and diabetes).

1 Like

I like that program. It talks about low carb diet in relation to health

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.