Do you believe in yourself?

that you can achive a lot ? have a potential?

1 Like

Only schizophrenia prevents me from achieving good things. Maybe not great things, but good things.

2 Likes

My beliefs have changed and shifted as I’ve gotten older but when it came to jobs, I used to have a strong belief in two things. That if I was teachable and in good health then I could work.

But getting back to work after being psychotic for two years after I first got diagnosed only came about because staff and counselors saw something in me that I didn’t see in myself. And they essentially got me back to work by slowly giving me “baby steps” by giving me more and more responsibility with little jobs around the vocational program I was in. BUT…I have been helped in many aspects of my life by mental health workers but it was ME, MYSELF and I who unloaded trucks for four years.

A counselor showed me an ad for a company looking for park rangers but it was me by myself who drove to the business, filled out an application and got hired and stayed there for almost two years.

3 Likes

I’m so disorganized I can’t seem to get my sh^t together.

1 Like

I’ve certainly done my part, but I’m very aware that if I didn’t meet the right people at the right time I wouldn’t have hardly anything that I have.

3 Likes

Nope. I tried and tried and self-sabotaged and took two giant steps back. I don’t have aspirations anymore. I made it to 50, and it’s all coasting downhill from here.

2 Likes

With anhedonia its hard. Now that its settled I can feel

1 Like

"Do you believe in yourself? that you can achive a lot ? have a potential?"
trick question? i can feel an assumption, within the question, saying that i have not achieved a lot, or that i don’t have a potential… lol just kidding

1 Like