Do voices sometimes go quiet when someone else is around?

Almost every time someone I know goes to the voices place of origin, the voice stops. Example: a voice is repeating my thoughts outside, a person I know goes outside (while I’m inside) and the voice stays mute until the person is back inside in another room (where he/she can’t hear it).

1 Like

I don’t know if this is the same thing, but the voices rarely interfere when I’m engaged in a conversation with someone. It’s actually quite nice to have a break

It’s when I’m alone again that they come back

2 Likes

My voices are still there when other people are around, but not when I’m having a conversation with someone.

2 Likes

One of my voices shushed me once when I was gonna tell someone something. Blew wind right into my ear like shhhhhhhhh

1 Like

I have the same experience.

When I’m speaking to someone, I can’t hear the voices when there is conversation.
Once the conversation stops, I hear them again.

It’s rare when I hear both.

1 Like

I can hear my functional voices when someone is in the room with me. I ask if the other person can hear the voices and they usually always say no. If I engage the person in conversation or turn on the TV, the voices disappear. I hear these “functional” voices inside a/c and heating system sounds.

1 Like

I have found i am more focused on reality when i am around people.

1 Like

Yeah mine go quiet when im talking to someone - but usually when the depot wearing off 3 weeks later - “Vicky” will comment about it when im back on my own.

Thats when ill bung the headphones on - and blast her away with a bit of pink floyd :smiley:

1 Like

All of my positive symptoms, not just voices, tend to not happen if I’m focused on something.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.