Do I need to taper off Invega Sustenna?

Will I have withdrawals if I don’t taper and switch to a different medicine? I know its a shot and its suppose to taper itself but even when I lowered the dose I still experienced withdrawals I am just worried that one day I won’t be able to afford it anymore as it is really expensive and I don’t know how long I will get to stay on my Moms insurance for

Did anyone get off the shot without tapering off of it?

1 Like

I did I’m only 4 months off but my doctor has taken me off without tapering me.

1 Like

What dose were you taking? Thanks for the info

350mg sir polick

1 Like

I always thought tapering off was the best way forward as opposed to cold turkey.

1 Like

It is but supposedly the shots taper themselves

2 Likes

Hm, idk, it took me over a year to taper off, I wudda thought tapering off via one month or two weeks is not a lot.

1 Like

Were you taking an injection?

1 Like

Nopes, never. Just pills.

1 Like

Oh I see yeah I’m not really sure either way I’m pretty scared :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

What does your pdoc suggest?

1 Like

I haven’t asked about it yet

1 Like

If you are not switching to another ap,

It all sounds a bit risky. Tbh.

I’m sorry to hear about your money situation. Hope you can find a way to be OK with money for meds

1 Like

Thank you meds are too expensive in this country my shots cost 2178$ a month but luckily I’m on my Moms insurance

2 Likes

Cant you be on your own insurance? I see many US users here with Medicare and Medicaid etc

1 Like

I’m going to be on Medicare in 3 months but I will still use my Moms insurance because my meds are too expensive for Medicare

1 Like

Maybe switch to pills if those are less expensive than injections?

2 Likes

Also I think typical APs are cheaper like Haldol.

1 Like

Yes I may have to switch eventually but I’m trying to stay on injection as long as I can

1 Like

wow, that’s expensive… i gues i’m lucky that over here the healthcare pays for most of the costs.

Didn’t get off the shot of risperdal ever so can’t say i can help you with if you need to taper it off or not.

1 Like